Changing Keyboard Hotkey Functions

leetkyle

Keyboard: BTC 9029URF III Wireless

9029urf.jpg

I want to change what the hot keys up at the top of the keyboard do there. Is there an application that will allow me to do this? I have tried a few, but whenever it says "Hit key combination" and say, I hit the key that is currently mapped for shut down, it doesn't recognize the key...but it shuts my computer down.

Are there any applications that can do what I'm after? Thanks!

CPTMuller

Generally they are not actual keys, they just execute some keystroke that is preconfigured on your computer.

leetkyle

Sorry - perhaps didn't make my post clear there...the keys do work, they work fine actually (well, I think 2 are broken!) but I want to change what they do. Any ideas?

Vizy

You need to use a porgram like LOGITECH SETPOINT. Obviously, this does not apply to ur keyboard, but probably a CD that came with your keyboard would hold an equivalent software.

leetkyle

The keyboard was OEM, and I can't find anything on BTC's site. There must be some program! Tried a few as seen in original post but they all failed..

cohen

The keyboard was OEM, and I can't find anything on BTC's site. There must be some program! Tried a few as seen in original post but they all failed..

What you need to do is try and find the driver for the keyboard. The driver will allow you to change the settings for the keyboard.

Search the "*model* drivers" in google and see if you can find any.