Changing PORT.? inside a FUNCTION

Camerart

Hi,
I'm using Oshonsoft Basic, I'm not sure if this matters!

I'm learning FUNCTIONS/PROCEDURES, and inside one there is a CHIP/SELECT. There are three peripherals that use the same FUNCTION, and need selecting in turn before calling it. Which is the best way of switching between the three C/S before calling the FUNCTION, please?
Cheers, Camerart.

beers

Staff member
I wouldn't expect anyone here or even on Reddit to be familiar with that off-hand.

Camerart

I wouldn't expect anyone here or even on Reddit to be familiar with that off-hand.
Hi B,
Really! I'm surprised. I'm working on an electronics project, and FUNC/PROC have been suggested, and I though anyone who computes would know.
C.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure anyone here has ever written for a PIC. Your best bet is finding somewhere that specializes in embedded programming. Best I could offer here is trying to find the docs and giving a judgement call, which probably isn't all that useful for you.

Camerart

I am not sure anyone here has ever written for a PIC. Your best bet is finding somewhere that specializes in embedded programming. Best I could offer here is trying to find the docs and giving a judgement call, which probably isn't all that useful for you.
Hi C,
Ok, thanks.
I've been programming for ages, but I'm not a natural! It seems obvious, but I simply tried On before the FUNC and OFF after return, and it works.
When I asked the question I had all sorts of LOOPs that chose and switched the ON/OFF.
'You had to be there' :)
Cheers, C.