Changing the look of your case?

Hi,

I'm getting sick of having my plain old case so I was thinking of maybe screwing around and TRYING to make it look cooler. I don't want to buy a new case or anything that's going to cost me much.

At first I was going to put a ton of stickers on it but seeing as how I have no stickers, that one fell flat on it's face. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!

How much do you think it would cost total and how hard would it be to do all of that? Would it require a lot of experience? Thanks!

joelkyr

Experience is not a requirement to MOD your case just plain creativity. How much would depend on what you want on your case, check this website and see what you want

xoxide.com
frozencpu.com
xpcgear.com
newegg.com
pricewatch.com

Thanks. I was looking at some cases and the ones that I liked are

- MGE Sidewinder w/ 400W PSU
- Xoxide X-Blade Extreme
- Xoxide X-Ion
- Xoxide DemonX
- Logisys Phantom Case w/ Window

Is there any case better than another one or should I choose them all by looks? Also, the colors displayed in the windows, do those come with the cases or do I have to buy them? Also, there was a case with a red light, could I change it to blue? Thank you!

joelkyr

In choosing case, your preference is what counts, if you like the case for its look then go for it, and buy a case with seperate PSU so you can choose a good brand of PSU(enermax,vantec,fortron,etc.)The colors diplayed on the window is cathode lights which has a variety of colors(blue,red,green,uv lights)you can always choose what color of lights you want. :cool:

One more thing, should any computer, mine in particular (Check my other thread if you need to see the specs), fit? Or can only certain computers fit? Thanks!

joelkyr

Now let me clear this, you dont plan to upgrade your internal hardware, right? You just want to put a window, led fans and cathode lights. I check your PC specs, youll be fine. Modding your casedoesnt have to do with your hardware.:cool:

4W4K3

VIP Member
Adding lights and a window will definetly give you a killer looking case. Window cutting is a bit hard, but can be done. Adding lights is about as easy as installing RAM lol.

I'm going to upgrade my hardware so that I could run HL2 but I would also like to change the case. Another question, does the case come with the window installed or do I have to do that myself? Thanks!

4W4K3

VIP Member
If you buy the case from a website and they show the picture of the window already installed...you don;t have to install it. Most of the time you have to buy a KIT that will give you all the parts necessary to install thee window (besides drill/dremel)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Adding lights is about as easy as installing RAM lol.
Depends on the lighting .... if you want a triple set of cathodes that pulsates at a specific period for the first 30 seconds and then switch to high speed spasm mode and then after 2AM automatically kickdown to a different pulsing pattern somewhat based on audio input for the middle one and HDD activity for the others ... it can get complicated real fast :p