Cheap Computer Parts?

TheChef

I rebuilding my PC from scratch and found that it's much cheaper to buy individual parts rather than a whole new computer. I'm hoping to get a new case, motherboard with AGP 8x, Athlon XP 2200-2700, an AGP 128mb graphics card, a 5.1 sound card, 256mb of RAM, and XP home. Where can I find these components for really cheap. I've already tried tigerdirect and partspc. I know how to put it together once I have the components.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure that it would be cheaper? It might be less expensive to order the entire computer...
Almost always cheaper. If it is cheaper to get the entire computer thats because ur getting crap parts :)

Where can I find these components for really cheap
Local small stores :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Depends on how you look at it.... sure it's not absolutely cheap but there are a lot of cases where it is significantly cheaper than what you'd find in a chain store :)

Flash_AAA

Yeah, and when you build your own your don't pay for labor or their warrenty. Becuase each product you buy seperatly has its own warranty. However, I got a nice compaq at Sams for 703$ just remember before you buy a name brand computer from a store check out its specs on the net to see what your getting. Mine had a 250 watt power supply so I would have trouble getting a agp video card but luckly I have a 420 watt i can swap :) good luck shopping around.