Cheap OC 1440p monitor

tomi

Hello guys!

I am buying a new monitor, 1440p and 27". Because I am a CS:GO and LoL player, I'd like to have a monitor with higher refresh rate.
Because 144hz are pretty expensive, I was first looking for a korean alternatives, that can be oveclocked. But those monitors come with dead pixels and then there is also toll and taxes...
So now I am looking for a monitor from the European market, that can be overclocked to at least 90hz.
My GPU is a radeon R9 380 4GB.
Can you guys help me out?

Thanks and best Regards!

Laquer Head

Why don't you start by giving us an actual budget. Just asking us to recommend things from a foreign market (most of us are in North America) is going to yield you little to no results.

Give us a budget..(and what currency)

tomi

My budget it up to 400€/428$ . I am aware that this is an american forum, but it doesn't hurt to ask, maybe you'll have the right answer for me :)

Laquer Head

My budget it up to 400€/428$ . I am aware that this is an american forum, but it doesn't hurt to ask, maybe you'll have the right answer for me :)
Cool thanks for that, now we can get the right people to help ya.

Also, its not an American forum, its a global forum, just a lot of the members (especially the regulars) happen to be from the US. However, lots of peope here from other countries, like myself - Canadian!! :)

On a side note, where are you from? Welcome aboard!

Laquer Head

Ahh cool - If I'm not mistaken EKWB, one of the biggest Water Cooling product manufacturers, is based out of Slovenia!!

-I am looking for you, just not 100% familiar with Europe, give me a bit or maybe someone else can jump in here!

tomi

You are correct, one is here in Slovenia. Thank you for your time! I did about 20h research myself with various parameters. First I was looking for 1080 only, but a 1080p 27" will have visible pixels.
I'd go for a 24" but the I'd have to have it closer to my eyes, which I dislike.

I was looking at this korean OC monitor guide and found some cheap alternatives, but as I said, the dead pixels and toll/taxes are not too tempting.

Since I have no clue which brand monitors can be overclocked, I am kinda lost at the moment :(

Laquer Head

I've reached out to a few of our members over in Europe, hang tight and hopefully one of them will help us out..as they'd know better than me.

Darren

Staff member
Off brand Korean monitors are pretty much that, off brand. I'm not sure if any of us around here have any experience with them regardless of where we're located. :p

tomi

The cheapest AOC AG271QX is 510€ here :( This might be an alternative if I save up some extra money.

I was hoping to get under 400. It's interesting though, that monitors and actually all PC parts are a bit cheaper in the USA.

tomi

I expanded my budget to 500€ now, sice korean monitors are(thanks to a thread) out of the question. Now I found this one(Asus).
Any thought or better suggestions? It still needs to be a 1440p and 144hz :)

Thanks for your time!

Calin

I expanded my budget to 500€ now, sice korean monitors are(thanks to a thread) out of the question. Now I found this one(Asus).
Any thought or better suggestions? It still needs to be a 1440p and 144hz :)

Thanks for your time!
I did some research and found out that it's limited to 90hz when using Freesync.

tomi

I will probably go fot this one! It just sucks that amazon raises the price on checkout for some reason. So this 530€ monitor costs 575 on checkout with shipping :D

tomi

That is true but amazon usually has prices with tax included. Anyways, I'll go for it as soon I get an answer if it's really an IPS panel.

Acer XF270HUA - HU stands for IPS panel, but in describtion is say it's a TN panel. But I think it's indeed IPS since the price is higher than the TN equivalent.