--- check out new computer ---

sickstepz

i just bought this desktop comp for
$1550 any good?

SPECS**************************************
* Intel® Core™2 Duo processor E6400 (2.13GHz, 1066MHz FSB) with 2MB Cache
* Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium
* 22 inch (NEW!!) Digital Cinematic Widescreen 1680x1050 WSXGA+ LCD Flat Panel Monitor, with lightning-fast 2+3ms video response time, high 700:1 contrast ratio, DVD and set-top box compatible through DVI HDCP
* 8GB DDR2 High Performance 667MHz Memory with enhanced thermal performance and Guaranteed Lifetime Warranty
* 2000GB (2 Terabytes!) Whisper Quiet™ (4 x 500GB SATA2 with 3GB/s super fast 7200 RPM HDDs) 16 MB Cache, Data Lifeguard Tools™ and ShockGuard™ Technologies
* NEW! Blu-Ray Optical Drive, supports Blu-Ray,DVD, and CD formats - Super Multi +/-RW
* ATI® Radeon X1950 - Hyper Memory - 48 pixel shader processors, 8 vertex shader processors, 256-bit 8-channel GDDR4 memory interface
* Audigy SE 7.1 High Definition Audio. Featuring high quality audio specifications including 24-bit/96kHz recording and playback with 100dB signal to noise ratio and digital output, it's the ideal partner for surround music and movie playback.

chupacabra

$1550 any good?

* 22 inch (NEW!!) Digital Cinematic Widescreen 1680x1050 WSXGA+ LCD Flat Panel Monitor, with lightning-fast 2+3ms video response time, high 700:1 contrast ratio, DVD and set-top box compatible through DVI HDCP
* 8GB DDR2 High Performance 667MHz Memory with enhanced thermal performance and Guaranteed Lifetime Warranty
* 2000GB (2 Terabytes!) Whisper Quiet™ (4 x 500GB SATA2 with 3GB/s super fast 7200 RPM HDDs) 16 MB Cache, Data Lifeguard Tools™ and ShockGuard™ Technologies
* NEW! Blu-Ray Optical Drive, supports Blu-Ray,DVD, and CD formats - Super Multi +/-RW
* ATI® Radeon X1950 - Hyper Memory - 48 pixel shader processors, 8 vertex shader processors, 256-bit 8-channel GDDR4 memory interface
* Audigy SE 7.1 High Definition Audio. Featuring high quality audio specifications including 24-bit/96kHz recording and playback with 100dB signal to noise ratio and digital output, it's the ideal partner for surround music and movie playback.

Sounds good, too good to be true, check those components cuz you might have been fooled around

daffyracers03

I agree. I think you should check it out becuase the HDD's alone cost up to 500 -700 bucks running 2 Terabytes (depending on the brand). The blue ray drive alone is 400+. But you never know. If its legit then you gotta good buy.

tommy25

if thats all right then that was a well good buy, nice one!

but check cause it really does sound too good to be true (maybe im just jealous? lol)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
8GB DDR2 High Performance 667MHz Memory with enhanced thermal performance and 2000GB (2 Terabytes!) :eek:

make sure you check out how much ram you realy have...8Gb just doesnt seem right...neither does 2 Terabytes of hard drive space and thats too cheap i think for those specs if they are right:confused:

where did you purchase it from?
do they have a site?

Geoff

VIP Member
It's a good rig if your into video or photo editing, but not so much if your into games. The x1950 is decent, but again, it's getting old. The E6400 is a pretty nice processor but isnt top of the line.

And hopefully you have the 64 bit version of Vista, otherwise 4GB will be the max you can use.

You really paid a crap load of money for the extra 4GB of RAM that you wont be even using for years to come, and I dont know how you could fill up 2TB of storage.

So all in all, it's a decent computer for the setup, but I would not have gotten it since i'm a gamer.

Jeez, 2Gb is the most you'll need. :Eek: 8Gb!! Like Omega said good for video editing. That is a pretty decent processor, speaking of that, I gotta upgrade. 2Tb of storage, do you edit anything, I think you just got ripped

sickstepz

no i saw it!! i checked all the specs there all rightt!! its a it has 2 1TB harddrive!! and it also has 2 SATA external port in the back to plug in harddrivess =D so imma pick it up next weekk!!

sickstepz

Jeez, 2Gb is the most you'll need. :Eek: 8Gb!! Like Omega said good for video editing. That is a pretty decent processor, speaking of that, I gotta upgrade. 2Tb of storage, do you edit anything, I think you just got ripped

i do alot of editingg.. of videoss!!

darksideleader

$1550 any good?

or mabye he forgot an extra 0 in his price :p

wafflez

omg i wanna believe this is true SO much.
I'm assuming a scam though >_>, the pickup only kinda gives it away.

EDIT: tell me if the person/company asked for cash only...if so, prepare to get robbed.

Last edited:

WeatherGeek

omg i wanna believe this is true SO much.
I'm assuming a scam though >_>, the pickup only kinda gives it away.

EDIT: tell me if the person/company asked for cash only...if so, prepare to get robbed.

Ya another thing I was thinking of. I really hope for him it isnt a scam. :(