City Skylines. I've Gone wrong somewhere

ohdearme

Hello, I’m a total beginner and have had good help from people here, thanks.
All I want is to build myself a UK village or town of my own design. Nothing more. I don’t want any finance, utilities and I don’t want it to build it for me (auto) as it’s
doing and then telling me that a building is on fire, or I need water or showing those "problem" icons above buildings I didn't ask for. I don’t want a population I just want a model village with my own trees, cars and uk type houses.

I thought that if I went onto unlimited money I could do that, but it’s not happening for me.

I am obviously doing the wrong thing. Kindly keep it simple, keep well everybody

Darren

Staff member
Agreed. Sounds like you're basically wanting an aesthetic builder and not an actual city simulation or really even a game at all. You COULD get to that kind of setup using mods and stuff but honestly given the basic issues you've had already I wouldn't even bother trying. You're not going to get UK themed stuff without custom assets/mods anyway.

Darren

Staff member
You need a ton of mods from the Steam workshop to do what you're describing.
Yeah I use a couple mods that let you turn off the need for running water pipes and power lines as it just is busy work after a while. As long as you have the infra buildings, you're good. I haven't looked to see if there's a way to fully disable the simulation aspects but I'm guessing there is somewhere.

ohdearme

Thanks for replying. I'm mystified. I've seen some lovely uk towns on you tube by "Pugwash" and "75percentRAD". I think his name is Brad. Are you saying that he and others let the programme do what I call "Auto? (I know it's the wrong word). It appears that he (and everyone else) put whatever they want in their city? How do they (and you)do that?

And the other thing, if I persist, could you give me a few ideas how to go about it?

I'm grateful for yor help.
Alan

Intel_man

VIP Member
Yeah I use a couple mods that let you turn off the need for running water pipes and power lines as it just is busy work after a while. As long as you have the infra buildings, you're good. I haven't looked to see if there's a way to fully disable the simulation aspects but I'm guessing there is somewhere.
You can... but you need quite a few mods to disable most things. The worst is when those mods get deprecated after an update and someone else picks up the mod and publishes under a different name in the workshop. That's my biggest gripe with the workshop. It's littered with a bunch of old crap that is not compatible with the game.

Thanks for replying. I'm mystified. I've seen some lovely uk towns on you tube by "Pugwash" and "75percentRAD". I think his name is Brad. Are you saying that he and others let the programme do what I call "Auto? (I know it's the wrong word). It appears that he (and everyone else) put whatever they want in their city? How do they (and you)do that?

And the other thing, if I persist, could you give me a few ideas how to go about it?

I'm grateful for yor help.
Alan

You need to do some research on the mods that they're using. It's been awhile since I've touched Cities Skylines, so I won't be able to direct you to the current list of mods to achieve what you're doing. There's usually some basic guides available through Steam's Guides tab on their community page. I would start there.

The game with the mods you need to achieve what you're describing can be quite overwhelming. If you're struggling to play the vanilla game as is, you'll find a hard time trying to get to where you want it to go.

ohdearme

Right, so it's mods I need to research into. I've become quite obsinate about this and intend to fight my way through (at present anyway) to getting me to be in total control of what I want rather than letting the game do it for me?

This is what gets me. Surely people who produce some fabulous work don't want it done for them? Do they? Do You?

Good weekend to all .
Alan