Cleaning laptop vents in this way?

bigcomp

My laptop just came back after servicing and the only vent which throws air out of the laptop is cleaned properly and thermal paste applied. Temperatures have improved and I would love them to stick that way. Now I don't want the debris to build up again so I am using a hair dryer which throw air with minimum pressure to blow any light dust off the vents and planning to do it every week. Is it enough to keep it cleaned or should I go with some more aggressive measures?

Motoxrdude

I usually just take an air compressor to mine lol. I would recommend using a can of compressed air though that you get at radio shack or home depot.

strollin

Try not to use the laptop in situations where it can easily draw lint and other debris into it's vents. For instance, don't set the laptop on the carpet while using it, don't use it in bed sitting on a blanket.

Dngrsone

VIP Member
Try not to use the laptop in situations where it can easily draw lint and other debris into it's vents. For instance, don't set the laptop on the carpet while using it, don't use it in bed sitting on a blanket.

In both those situations, it's not so much the dust and debris you be sucking in as the lack of overall airflow.

I live in an irrigated desert, I usually blow my laptop out once every other week with a compressor.

I agree-- canned air, don't use the computer where the vents will be blocked... I think an additional advantage of high capacity batteries is that they lift the back of the laptop to keep the air flowing better.