Clear pc case

ganzey

banned
Does anyone know of any GOOD clear plastic pc cases? of all the ones i can find they have horrible reviews of things like they crack, or the screw holes strip out.

PohTayToez

Well, there are drawbacks that just inherent to typical clear cases. It's pretty much a given that they're going to be flimsier than metal cases, however I've found that Sunbeam is a pretty good brand for acrylic cases. However, be prepared for some assembly... they come in about 100 pieces that you have to put together yourself.

mtb211

i have a clear case, at least a clear panel, do you mean the whole case being clear?

Aastii

VIP Member
Cant say that I have ever used one or know anyone that uses them, however, from a friends case that he made out of mesh and acrylic and from modding my case with another fan and having to go through acrylic, the screws aren't as secure as in metal and it seems more prone to scratching/getting dirty than metal does

PohTayToez

I have one
img3181ik.jpg

Dust really is a problem though. I plan to install some filters on the fans because all the dust is really visible on the clear material.

Flaring Afro

Dust really is a problem though. I plan to install some filters on the fans because all the dust is really visible on the clear material.

I never would have thought of that. There is a plus though. It will make you take better care of it and not let the dust layer up like most people do.

Looks awesome. :good:

kamikaze77

it would depend on how you would plan to cool your system. the cube would be good for liquid cooling (it would look really cool too). the cube only has two slots for fans. the tower however has six fan spots.
both could work well, it just all depends on how you want to do it