CMD closes instantly

Gamero

Hello !
When I try to open CMD it opens and instantly closes I tried all of these suggested steps :
1) Click on Start. Go to Run. Users running Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 or Vista, go to Search. Alternatively, use Windows key+R keyboard shortcut.
2) Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
3) Navigate to User Configuration/ Administrative Templates / System.
4) In the work area on the right side, double click on "Prevent access to the command prompt".
5) In the popup dialog, encircle Disabled and click OK.
6) You should be able to immediately use the command prompt. If you still cannot access it, restart your computer.

Aswell as these :
1) Users running Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista, go to Start>Search. Users of Windows 10, go to Start>Search.
2) Type regedit and press Enter.
3) Registry Editor will start. If it is disabled, you will need to enable Registry Editor first.
4) Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System. If the Windows key is not there, you will need to create a new key called Windows. Also, if the System key is not there, you will need to create it.
5) In the work area on right side, double click on DisableCMD and set its value to 0. If you cannot locate DisableCMD, you will need to create a new DWORD value called DisableCMD and set its value to 0.
6) Close the Registry Editor. Nothing changed and my CMD still opens and closes instantly.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated and thank you all in advance !

beers

Staff member
Does it display anything if you do like a 'cmd /K pause' ? Otherwise I would assume malware.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I bet you are infected. Run the programs in the sticky in the security section and post the logs.