cockroaches!! xP

Drmn4life

alright, so this might be a little gross, but ya my apartment has a cockroach infestation! Ive been having a problem with my internet connection. its been happening for about a month or so. Im paying for 12mbps from comcast. Last night i called them about the issue, and the guy ran a ping test to the modem and there was no abnormal latency. I ran a test on my laptop and it finished at 00.28mbps! The guy said i either have a faulty modem, or a faulty router(paid $70 bucks from the thing, made by Cisco).

Heres where the roaches come in.

They get inside my laptop, modem and router. i can see them hanging out in there and crawling out of ports and stuff. So my question. And this could be completely stupid..but can roaches, or any other species of insect, just being present and doin their thing affect the equipment?? Weird i know, but its really the only thing i can think of. I searched the internet, but it doesn't seem to be a common problem, cuz i cant find anything lol. Anyways, any help or feedback would be uber appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time!

EDIT: in addition, the port to connect directly to the internet is busted on my laptop, so i can do that to bypass the router :(

Last edited:
alright, so this might be a little gross, but ya my apartment has a cockroach infestation! Ive been having a problem with my internet connection. its been happening for about a month or so. Im paying for 12mbps from comcast. Last night i called them about the issue, and the guy ran a ping test to the modem and there was no abnormal latency. I ran a test on my laptop and it finished at 00.28mbps! The guy said i either have a faulty modem, or a faulty router(paid $70 bucks from the thing, made by Cisco).

Heres where the roaches come in.

They get inside my laptop, modem and router. i can see them hanging out in there and crawling out of ports and stuff. So my question. And this could be completely stupid..but can roaches, or any other species of insect, just being present and doin their thing affect the equipment?? Weird i know, but its really the only thing i can think of. I searched the internet, but it doesn't seem to be a common problem, cuz i cant find anything lol. Anyways, any help or feedback would be uber appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time!

EDIT: in addition, the port to connect directly to the internet is busted on my laptop, so i can do that to bypass the router :(

Had worked for a cable company. Roaches were never an issue with converters nor modems. (equipment was cooked to prevent bugs from infesting houses and apartments).