COD4 Modern Warfare - offline - sniper mission question

Jamin43

banned
I'm playing COD4 Modern Warfare - first time through and hit a snag on one of the levels that I'm stuck on.

Just sniped the BIG HONCHO - from top of abandoned building - Then shot down the Helicopter - and repeled to flee to Extraction point with my Partner co-sniper. I've got a pistol and a Semi-auto Sniper Rifle - and there are a flood of enemies from all sides - with dogs - My Sgt keeps tellign me, forget these guys - let's get to the extraction point.

I keep getting killed here - what strategy / weapons / etc should I be doing to get out of the situation to complete the level?

Thanks

Zatharus

VIP Member
Are you having a problem staying alive before you get to the extraction point? Or are you having trouble when at the extraction point - before the chopper arrives?

Jamin43

banned
Are you having a problem staying alive before you get to the extraction point? Or are you having trouble when at the extraction point - before the chopper arrives?

staying alive before getting to extraction point.

I'm stuck by the building I just repelled down - surrounded and not sure where to go / what I should be doing. The sgt isn't leading the way - like he had in most of the mission - and I'm stuck there shooting in all directions until a dog kills me - or I'm shot to death.

I'm trying to figure out what I should be doing to get to the extraction point i.e. Run from fire - engage - look for a new weapon to pick up - etc ?:confused:

Zatharus

VIP Member
Run. It has been a while since I played this mission. I might have to pop it up quick for a refresher, but I believe at this point, you need to hoof it into the school across the courtyard.

I'll boot up that mission quick and see if I can't help you out with some better details.

Aastii

VIP Member
get your pistol out and don't run down the road, run around the right side, on the grass by the bus. Chuck a nade or two over the top as you run to hopefully pick a couple off, and mop up the rest with your pistol. Pause at the bus for a moment and pick up an enemies gun if you can find one (leave shotguns, you want a rifle or smg), then peg it across the road.

If you can't get it I'll record how I do it for you and post uit up on youtube, but hope that can help :good:

Glliw

Depending on what difficulty you're on determines how you should go about it.

From what I remember (on 360, long time ago) on the hardest mode, they keep coming. I think its got a infinite enemy spawn for that first street or there are just a shitton. What I remember doing that worked the best was run for the trees/bushes that are in front of you and kill the two dogs and like 4 dudes there fast since enemies are coming up behind you now. In front of you there'll be an open street that you need to run through to get to an alley. Try tossing out some flashbangs or whatever they gave you and make a dash for the alley. It gets a bit easier after that point.

Zatharus

VIP Member
OK, yeah. This is an infinite spawn area. I don't think it matters what difficulty you are on. Keep shooting on the run off to the right. I remember it being easier going through the brush then between the buses as well. Lobbing a few grenades ahead of you can help.

Jamin43

banned
Thanks for teh pointers - I got out of there - and was carrying the sgt. down to the extraction point. I just got shot though trying to find him in the brush where I put him down though...

LOL

I should be able to get out from here though --- I hope.:gun:

Edit: Is this the final scene btw?

Jamin43

banned
Nope it's not the final scene. What difficulty are you playing on?

First time through - I'm playing on easiest level.

I've been playing GRID primarily for the past couple of months. Most of the levels were pretty easy - but the unlimited spawn was giving me fits.

Edit : Got through the level - I was just stumped on infinite spawn - not knowing what direction I should go.

Thanks for the advice everybody

Last edited:

ScottALot

I think what he means by "forget these guys" is you shouldn't wait around to kill them, but instead shoot some covering fire.

Jamin43

banned
No doubt - I didn't know which direction to go though, I finished the game though.

Now I'd like to start over offline at the next hardest level.

Can anybody direct me now to move my level up from beginner. I thought when I started a new game - I'd have the option - and I haven't noticed anything in there to bump it to next harder level.

Thanks

1337dingo

ok when i played i was playing on hard but here is a few tips for the bit were you are waiting for the helicopter .. kill a few dudes and take the rifle swap it for what ever is not the sniper because that can still come in handy .. also you should have some C4 so plant that around stratigicly and go on a hill bit were you place that dude and snipe for a bit then once they get close enough to set off your C4 pull out the rifle you got (i grabed AK-47) and take them out that way

Aastii

VIP Member
No doubt - I didn't know which direction to go though, I finished the game though.

Now I'd like to start over offline at the next hardest level.

Can anybody direct me now to move my level up from beginner. I thought when I started a new game - I'd have the option - and I haven't noticed anything in there to bump it to next harder level.

Thanks

You started from FNG?

If so, instead go to select mission and start from FNG and choose veteran for difficulty

Jamin43

banned
You started from FNG?

If so, instead go to select mission and start from FNG and choose veteran for difficulty

Looks like that did it. I was just clicking start new mission - and it was loading me up. The FNG gave me the option to select - difficulty

Thank You

:good: