Colin McRae: Dirt

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i think The_Other_One,has it,

he posted up a screenshot of it in the game screenshots thread
http://www.computerforum.com/21659-screenshot-contest-447.html

page 447,

but i take from what he said his 7600GT struggled in some places,im sure your 7950 would handle it no probs.

EDIT:
Recommended Requirements
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66Ghz or Athlon X2 3800+
1GB RAM
GeForce 7800 or Radeon X1800 or better
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
When i was at the store the other day i saw it but bought BF2 instead, i would like to know if its a good game also...:D

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I have the demo. It really hurts my machine... My ol' 7600GT just isn't up to par with it's requirements. I have to use medium to low settings at 1024x768 to get anything decent. However, if there are more than two cars out, it shudders quite badly...

The game is fun. I won't say it's the best racing game out there, but I do plan to get the full version eventually.

Geoff

VIP Member
They have the demo available for free so you can try it out. I play it maxed out on mine and it plays well, it should play well on yours on high/max settings.

murdock22

I was able to play it on med @ 1280x1024 but I found that steering with a keyboard was horrible( to much over and under steer), all though if someone was to use a steering wheel I think it would be a good game.

Kornowski

VIP Member
They have the demo available for free so you can try it out. I play it maxed out on mine and it plays well, it should play well on yours on high/max settings

I'd try the demo but it'd take ages, I guess if it'd run Ok, I'll probably just buy it :)

Noir

U can play on medium setting with that resolution???
Why with my spec it only reach 800x600 on medium setting?

AAAsnwbordr

I can play it on Maxed out settings on 1280 x 1024. When there's 7 other cars, the fps gets a little low but still easily playable. I think it slows down a little because my room's like 80 degrees lol.

lovely?

You should be able to play it maxed out with your computer.

ya know, with a c2d 6300, im not so sure, i read through an article saying anything past medium would make those processors lag, but it may have been wrong, hope it works out for you kornowski

Archangel

VIP Member
got it yesterday together with my xbox. only played it once, and with some sort of pickup trucks, wich was kinda boring. I want to play the dune buggy races tough, those seem fun :)

Hsv_Man

I know this is an old thread but i started playing Dirt 1 as it came with Grid which i bought a while ago. Pretty soon I realized how fun this game is, it is definitely a good rally racing game that beats the likes of most modern day rally racing games. Currently 25% through the game i'm determined to finish this before starting back in Dirt 3.