College laptop

Calibretto

VIP Member
I have HP and it's great! I wouldn't recommend Dell though. If the Gateway has wonderful reviews I don't why you shouldn't get it.

cohen

Well i don't really recommend gateway but a lot of people do like they and haven't had a problem with them.

For that laptop, looks good, but OP what are you going to be using it for???

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Well i don't really recommend gateway but a lot of people do like they and haven't had a problem with them.

For that laptop, looks good, but OP what are you going to be using it for???

Mostly homework, surfing the web, photoshoping, NO gaming :).

X24

[-0MEGA-];1058088 said:
Gateway's are awesome, I have one and it's the best laptop I have ever owned.

The higher-up gateways are pretty good quality but from my experience you are better off with an HP or even a *gulp* dell at lower budget prices.

Really my favorite brands are Asus and Cleavo (Sager), but there really isn't anything in your price range for those.

I'd check out the the laptops on newegg.com, or see what the people think at notebookreviews.com. They are pretty much a laptop version of computer forum, so they can hook you up with dell % off coupons, suggestions ect.

I know dell runs a lot of % off things online. A few years ago i got my $1900 Dell I9300 for like $1100.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Or I can get the HP Pavillion dv4t customized with

Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz CPU
2GB ram
250GB hard drive
6-cell high capacity battery

for $830 shipped w/ 30% off coupon. I have the say, the HP looks a lot more stylish than the Gateway.

EWC88

Wow I like that HP alot!

And I agree with eveyone else, stay away from Gateway unless its one of there higher end models. I as well would like to see the fujistu as well

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Wow I like that HP alot!

And I agree with eveyone else, stay away from Gateway unless its one of there higher end models. I as well would like to see the fujistu as well

Yeah, I am just about set on the hp tablet, unless there's a similarly priced tablet that's better.

Geoff

VIP Member
Or I can get the HP Pavillion dv4t customized with

Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz CPU
2GB ram
250GB hard drive
6-cell high capacity battery

for $830 shipped w/ 30% off coupon. I have the say, the HP looks a lot more stylish than the Gateway.
I beg to differ. :)

luckyedboy66

i much prefer my Hp over my dads gayway. its really just the little things that make the difference. hp is the way to go.