color and resolution help...

Fure6

I'm on an old laptop [look at attachment].

I have my settings set to "appy new color with out restarting" and whenever i change the colors (it's on 16 colors right now, please feel sorry for me...:() and i change it to 256 colors and it says "to apply this setting, the computer wil have to shut down. Yes No" and when i click 'yes', the laptop restarts and boots up the exact way [with only 16 colors] as before!

It's the same thing with the resolution. I'm at 640x480 right now (please feel sorry *again* for me) and i put it up a notch to 800x600 and it says the same message to restart. the laptop restarts and the resolution is the same way! wtf...

Can someone PLEASE help me?

ps. just for the general info. without clicking my attachment, i have win.98 SE and have a Dell V15X (moniter) on Cirrus Logic 7548 PCI (laptop).

Look what I found somewhere on the net:
Not readily apparent, the display driver utilized by the laptop is the Cirrus Logic 7548 PCI driver. The monitor settings for this laptop are set to Super VGA, NOT laptop. The reasoning behind using this setting is to enable the laptop to work in conjunction with the projector units.
Maybe your laptop is hermaphrodite... :D

Praetor said:
Well have you ninstalled the drivers? :)
for the monitor? yes, i even when to the microsoft website to see if the driver was current... It did the same thing when the laptop was displayed on the actuall laptop monitor.

for the monitor? yes, I even when to the microsoft website to see if the driver was current... It did the same thing when the laptop was displayed on the actuall laptop monitor.
\
I meant for the Cirrus :)

Praetor said:
\
I meant for the Cirrus :)
hmmm, no i did not... I don't really know what you're talking about, which makes me sound like an stupid person (which you probably think already praetor :p). my dad got this laptop from a friend that probably got a new laptop and he thought it would be handy to have to type crap up and stuff but it's being our "back-up" computer since the ole'desktop isn't working some times.

praetor, please tell me what you mean...thanks.

Scroll down until you find File Name, then click on that filename. Log in with name "drivers", password "all" and then download the file.

Back