Comp Crash HELP!!

Comput3rGam3r

My comp Specs:
40gig hard drive(yea its low)
1gig of ram
nvida gforce 5700 Le
Windows Xp.

Im having a problem where whenever i play my games, like counter strike source my computer just completely crashes, i cant do anything, and when it happens a weird static noise comes over the speakers, dont know if that means anything. And when I reboot my comp, it never crashes again. I have no idea what to do, and it is really annoying. Any help would be great.

Zeus2005

weird!

what processor do you have?

As its crashing only when playing games i think it is heat problems....is your PC overclocked or anything? Im not sure about the static noise from speakers....only thing that reminds me off is mt mini fridge- its pluged into the same socket as all my pc plugs and this sometimes makes annoying noises on the speakers. This doesnt really help much, mayb someone else knows about the static on speakers......

magicman

VIP Member
Do you have onboard audio, or a seperate sound card? If you have onboard audio, it could be a problem with your motherboard, a symptom of which is the static and freezing.

randruff

The fact that you are getting static from a crash leaves me to beleive it may be a driver conflict of some sort. At least, that is where i would start....updating/reinstalling all drivers. If you still have an issue after that, well, let us know.

Kingcrims0n

I get the same problem, but very very rarely. Every once in a while during gameplay (Usually Counter-Strike) my screen will freeze and my audio will just skip. I cannot Ctrl+Alt+Del or anything so the only that helps is a fresh reboot. I have one idea of what the problem is. I have a 400W psu installed right now which is really minimum for what the system I have. I used to have a 500W installed and it never happened.

Comput3rGam3r

by cpu cooling do u mean processor sry im kinda new to comp terms if so i just have a fan, and a heat sink over my cpu, my other heatsink is on my motherboard i dont know if there is something under it.

Comput3rGam3r

ok i went to the site to get the new driver but it seems like it is stuck on executing the files, or is it that this process just takes a while?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Omega drivers are there for tweaked performance not for stability. If you use the WHQL ones you should be ok for stability.

LaziBoi

Lazi Boi

i also have the same problems.......but although i dun play CS........it happen randomly............no telling wen its would happen.......it does this very often....like evrytime i use the computer......its a custom built....... i've been looking around for a place to seek help...........no luck.......hope sum1 can help me...my sepc. below....

CPU: Intel P4 3.06 gHz (actually onli run at 2.990 gHz)
Mainboard: Intel Desktop Board D865Perl
HDD: Barracuda SATA V - 80 GB
RAM: Dual channel 512 DDR
Sound: [onboard]Sound Max Digital Audio (up to 5.1 surround)
Video: Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 128 MB 8x
Modem: Lucent Win 56K v.92
Network: [onboard] intel network
Miscellanious: Fire wire pci card, extra USB card

LaziBoi

i have intel active monitor & intel desktop control center which monitor my system but nuttin wrong..........any idea on how i can check for voltages and do u noe wat is causing the freeze up........wen its freezes, the screen lock.......[Ctrl+Alt+Del] doesnt work....mouse dun work........once i was copying a DVD and it froze up on me...........had to throw away the dics..........i'm really annoyed now........plz help......and thnkz for the advice...........