Comp generally being a pain the the a**se

magicman

VIP Member
Any ideas guys????

I must have clicked on a bad website becuase my Norton Personal Firewall popped up about 20 times telling me stuff was blocked, and my Norton Antivirus told me that about a dozen viruses had leeched through.

After that, whenever I startup up the computer, after about 30s - 1min the standard error message appears "Symantec User Session has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". The firewall and antivirus shuts down, and I cannot log off or shut down.

I have rebooted manually, run in safe mode, and carried out virus checks, spyware checks, error checks, and each time some problem is found, but everytime I fix the problems they reappear after next boot.

Does anyone think a virus is deliberately shutting down the protection against it? What would you suggest??

Ultravis

Best thing to do is to lookup the specific problem on the Symantec website or otherwise. They will often tell you to switch off system restore prior to fixing or patching.

d.sanders

Try uninstalling Northon and instal a differend antivirus, lika Panda Platinum 2005.
You can download panda at www.download.com. it will grand you 1 upgrade and a 30-day trail. but atleast it can check your comp fot new virusses.

Why panda ?? because panda does a memory check while installing this will keep virusses from getting to Panda.

after the Panda did his job un instal it and reinstal Norton.

Or, if your convinced of the power of Panda :D, buy it ( or get a serial at www.serials.ws)

Daniel

magicman

VIP Member
Cheers I may check out Panda. And I'll be scouring the Symantec website for a clue.

or get a serial at www.serials.ws
By the way, be careful talking about serials, cracks etc. - the moderators don't like it. Just a friendly word of caution. :D