Comp wont boot up

Connor.S

Computer wont boot up fully. i press this power switch and all the fans will run and everything, but the monitor doesnt turn on, nor the mouse and keyboard. ive reconnected all cables and checked everything. tried to reset CMOS but dont think it worked..

any advice on the problem would be nice.

cohen

sssooooo.... does anything come up on the screen???? or will it go to boot the OS and nothing happens???

concorde

In matter of fact, I've had this problem recently: the pins on the monitor cable might be bent from being forced into the video port. Check the pins and if they are bent, try to take a pair of tweezers and straighten them.

Rickymadeja

In matter of fact, I've had this problem recently: the pins on the monitor cable might be bent from being forced into the video port. Check the pins and if they are bent, try to take a pair of tweezers and straighten them.

then why wouldn't the mouse and keyboard work.

I am currently having the same problem as the person who posted this.

aSc1@3

are any lites on teh keyboard flashing? if not, then your mobo is bad or the psu is bad(in which case it killed the mobo). I have 2 computers full of parts and the same thing happened to them, if no power is going to the keyboard or mouse( like no lights) than the mobo is bad. if the hdd spins when you trie to turn it on, then the psu is okay. no hdd, then the psu is probably the cause of it.

Connor.S

the only light on the key board is the num lock one. caps lock and scroll lock dont light up... and inside of mouse lights up. also the processor is brand new.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
are any lites on teh keyboard flashing? if not, then your mobo is bad or the psu is bad(in which case it killed the mobo). I have 2 computers full of parts and the same thing happened to them, if no power is going to the keyboard or mouse( like no lights) than the mobo is bad. if the hdd spins when you trie to turn it on, then the psu is okay. no hdd, then the psu is probably the cause of it.

1. A bad PSU doesn't necessarily mean a killed mobo
2. A bad PSU can fry any other component too, for that matter
3. Even if it's obvious that SOME parts are getting power (e.g. HDs spin, KB lights turn on), it could still be a bad PSU
4. If the KB appears to get no power, it doesn't mean a bad mobo. It could be the PSU
5. Even if the HDs spin, the PSU could still be faulty.

I had the same kinda issue. I never figured out what was wrong with the comp, I only just totally disassembled it into as small bits as I could, blew the dust off the components (opened the PSU to handle it aswell), assembled the comp again and - huzzah - it worked. It worked even though I had previously double-checked every single cable... maybe I missed something? Oh, well.

Connor.S

I suppose ill try and take everything outta the case and reassemble. the PSU is brand new. after putting it in it worked fine for a day or two. now nothing. ive tried putting the old PSU back in, but the same problems occur..