Compaq R3220CA

kalson

ok my laptop cpu is AMD XP 3000+, its suppose to b ruinning around 2.0ghz ??
but for me its only running at 399mhz.... how can i fix this... :(

Greg J.

VIP Member
Hmm, it must be a power saving feature to preserve battery life in which the processor is downclocked to save battery life. Go into the Control Panel and look at the Power Options (change the control panel to classic view). You can then change the power scheme to desktop or, "always on".

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Look around for speedswitchxp. I'm using that on my laptop to leave it clocked at 800MHz when I'm on battery. It really helps boost the battery life.

As for just altering power options, I don't think that always adjusts the speed... But really, I see no reason you'd want it to be full unless you are on AC(which this program allows you to select which you want)

Oh, happy 400th Greg ;P

Greg J.

VIP Member
The_Other_One said:
Look around for speedswitchxp. I'm using that on my laptop to leave it clocked at 800MHz when I'm on battery. It really helps boost the battery life.

As for just altering power options, I don't think that always adjusts the speed... But really, I see no reason you'd want it to be full unless you are on AC(which this program allows you to select which you want)

Oh, happy 400th Greg ;P

True! I hope the laptop's on the AC power adapter. (Thanks, The_Other_One :) )

alanuofm

VIP Member
yeah they downclock it to save power. on system properties under the general tab, you should see the actual speed of the processor and then the speed its currently running at.