Compaq SR5000 CPU Upgrade

elevatorfan7072

I have this Compaq SR5703WM and it runs horribly! It'll browse the internet fine, but when I go watch a video, it won't play without lagging out very badly. The APU is an AMD Sempron 2.20GHz (LE-1250 Sparta) and it has 2GB of RAM installed. My old computer, a Dell Dimension 8300, had a 2.66GHz Pentium 4 on 2GB RAM and It would play videos fine. The only reason I upgraded is because it wouldn't recognize my network card anymore. Also when exporting files on FL Studio, it takes literally a minute just to save a drum sample from a soundfont. It freezes and nonetheless just takes forever to export. On my old computer it would save fine; very fast in fact. Playing Yume Nikki 3D also lags my system, a game that also ran fine on my Dell. So should I upgrade my CPU?

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Need the specific model number of the machine. SR5000 is the generic model number.The model number will be something like SR5xxxUS or something like that.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Or on the front of the case or on the rear of the case. On the back there should be a white or gray sticker I believe with the full model number on it. Also sometimes the front of the case has it. All depends on the model.

Just noticed he edited his first post to show the model number.

SR5703WM

Here is what you can get.

Athlon 64 X2 with Dual Core technology up to 4800+ (up to 65 watt TDP)

However, I would suspect that you have an issue with the pc if videos can't play smoothly. I would just reinstall windows and see if that fixes things.

Last edited: