Comparing ds3's

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
The revision 1.3, which is a typo it should say 3.3, is set to use the 6x50 line of Core 2 Duos with 1333MHz bus. The other one can use a 1066MHz bus. They are otherwise identicle.

NJNETSFAN

the rev 1.3 is not a typo, it is a rev 1.3(Gigabyte has made about 4 revisions) I know because I was on the verge of ordering and asked newegg about it, if I was you, I would get the DS4

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm so they did. :eek:
Ok, lets try this again :p

They are still pretty much identicle. 1.3 is the same as a rev 3.3 board but it uses a realtek ALC883 codec and has 1 fan header, 3.3 uses realtek ALC888 and has 3 fan headers. The difference between the codec seems to be minor (digital microphone in ALC888).

b3rt_d4ni3l

Does Newegg only sell rev3.3 now if I buy the normal DS3? or they will still send out the previous version?

Kornowski

VIP Member
i see...
i guess i have to cross my fingers when i order it... and hope that i get the rev3.3

thanks Kornowski

The chances are that you'll probably get it, they're the "newer" ones, so they may of sold out of the "older" ones and got the 3.3's in stock.

You're welcome :)

ezefosure

if you order a normal ds3, chances seem extremely high that it would be a rev 3.3. They probably sold out all their old stock, except for their rev 1.3 which is why they are selling them seperately and for less.

NJNETSFAN

why don't you just buy the DS4 for the same price at the DS3? It supports 1333FSB and I don't have the specs in front of me, but I'm pretty sure its better.

Kornowski

VIP Member
why don't you just buy the DS4 for the same price at the DS3? It supports 1333FSB and I don't have the specs in front of me, but I'm pretty sure its better.

The 965P-S3 Rev 3.3 supports that FSB too :p

1. Supports Intel® Core™2 Extreme Quad-Core / Core™2 Duo / Intel® Pentium® D processor
2. Supports 1066/800/533 MHz FSB