Comparing Graphics Cards

Olimarman

Which of the 2 cards listed below would work better for gaming? I know that there are better cards, but I'm talking about laptops, so I'm kind of limited to my options:

ATI Mobility RADEON® HD 3670 - 512MB
256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT

SSMUFF

Both good cards but its up to one which brand you want. Either ATI or Nvidia.

I would pick neither since for a few dollars more you can get into the higher series cards. (8800 or 9800) or (4830 or 4850)

Newegg has specials on these cards and most ties they are well under $100 (new)

Olimarman

I'm limited to these two since they are the only options I have for the laptops I'm deciding from. Since the ATI has double the memory, would that just make it the better performing card of the two?

mariners2010

I would go for the ATI one too..
1x1t.gif

tossy

I have better experience with using 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT, I feel it works good with me.

Olimarman

its for his laptop...

I would go for the ATI. Its a better card, and the extra memory will help

Yeah, I'm deciding between a dell xps with the nvidia card or the new studio xps with the ATI card. I'm not really looking for high graphic intensive games (Orange Box and WoW) + I like the rest of the specs, so really its just down to which card. I would assume like most of you are telling me that the ATI card is better due to the 2x memory, but I've seen arguments over cards with the same memory, so I just wanted to double check. I'll probably go for the ATI since the studio xps has better specs than the xps and itd be a few $100 cheaper.

Please don't recommend other laptops. I would just like feedback between these two. Could I run WoW, the Orange Box games and possibly CSS at somewhere near maxed with the ATI card?