Compatability Check on My New Build

Darren

Staff member
F3?

Yes I've looked at other cases and I've decided on this one.

A 500 Watt Corsair would be better than a 630 watt Rosewill? That doesn't seem right.

Anyone else have opinions on the PSU?

jonnyp11

rosewill is low quality, they put a ton of amps on the 5 volt rail so it looks like a ton of watts, but all your gpu's cpu's and other power eaters need 12 volt power, rosewill just isn't the best idea.

jonnyp11

that's a great psu, but more power than you need, the 500watt is plenty for the entire build, and rebates to like 40 or 35 i believe unless that neded on the 31st, and i meant the samsung f3 i think is the brand, or the hiutachi deskstar, for 60 you can get a 1tb that is 7200rpm

Darren

Staff member
I'll get the 600w Corsair.

It will leave room for upgrades.

I don't need that much space and will probably never come close to 750GB anyway. The Western Digital has a 64mb cache so I'll swallow the 5 bucks and just do that.

Thanks!

jonnyp11

in that case the 750 blues ar closer to 50 or 40, black's are faster, but not fast enough for the price bump, get the something else at 7200rpm, just not 5900, and save the money to later get a ssd, and for the psu, if you insist on getting more power, then go for a 650 or 700 watt so you will have the option of sli and crossfire later on without maxing out that psu's rails.

linkin

VIP Member
I'll get the 600w Corsair.

It will leave room for upgrades.

I don't need that much space and will probably never come close to 750GB anyway. The Western Digital has a 64mb cache so I'll swallow the 5 bucks and just do that.

Thanks!

I'd like to mention I'm getting this RAM now. Faster for 6 bucks more.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277

HDD Cache doesn't affect speed. The Samsung F3 1TB is the faster drive, and the fastest 1TB drive at the moment.

That RAM is okay as well. I'd get the same kit I have though. Better timings but more expensive:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231351

Up to you if it's worth it for the RAM. I say get it because RAM is cheap right now.

Darren

Staff member
Okay I will change the Hard Drive.

I'll stick with the current RAM. I really am maxing out my budget as is.

Thanks!

jonnyp11

well if you use a pci adapter card, but then it would cost about 15 and i'm guessing be slowr than the sata for 5 more, just get the sata's what i'd say.