So, I've got a Gateway G450 that was given to me in 2002 as a graduation present to take to college. Turns out I'm still running it more or less as a giant storage device (mostly i-tunes, digital photos, and home videos), but it's starting to crack in it's old age. I went to gateway.com to figure out if I could upgrade it, but that proved more difficult to figure out because of it's age. So I went and ran CPUz and came up with this...
CPU = Socket 478 Northwood 2.0 GHz
Graphics = AGP 2.0 max speed 4X
And according to the gateway website, my mainboard can handle 2 gigs of ddr 2700. About 3 years ago I remember upgrading my memory to supposedly those same specs, but my CPUz scan shows for memory 1 gig of pc2700 133. The sticks I found on newegg for pc2700 show 333 mhz, not 133. Is there something in the bios I can do to figure that out, or did I just get cheap ebay memory?
Here is what I want to upgrade to
Intel Pentium 4 2.8 Northwood 2.8GHz 512KB L2 Cache Socket 478 68.4W Single-Core Processor
ASUS N7600GS SILENT/HTD/256M GeForce 7600GS 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card
So, if you guys could get back to me about my ram situation, and also if this cpu and gpu will work, that would be great.
Cheers!
CPU = Socket 478 Northwood 2.0 GHz
Graphics = AGP 2.0 max speed 4X
And according to the gateway website, my mainboard can handle 2 gigs of ddr 2700. About 3 years ago I remember upgrading my memory to supposedly those same specs, but my CPUz scan shows for memory 1 gig of pc2700 133. The sticks I found on newegg for pc2700 show 333 mhz, not 133. Is there something in the bios I can do to figure that out, or did I just get cheap ebay memory?
Here is what I want to upgrade to
Intel Pentium 4 2.8 Northwood 2.8GHz 512KB L2 Cache Socket 478 68.4W Single-Core Processor
ASUS N7600GS SILENT/HTD/256M GeForce 7600GS 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card
So, if you guys could get back to me about my ram situation, and also if this cpu and gpu will work, that would be great.
Cheers!