complete liquid cooling FOR ALL!

CmoAMD

Ok, please help... please! lol

I want to make my system liquid cooled, completely.

CPU, Mobo, HDD, Video Card, ALL OF IT
(Please tell me what else can be liquid cooled)

Is there a place that shows you how to make your own liquid cooled system, using your own tubing and stuff, and shows you what to buy. Ive searched everywhere and there isnt a COMPLETE liquid cooling system out there...

If anyone knows a "How to" on complete liqiuid cooling please post, or if you know how and can help me do it, please post also!

This will help everyone on forum. Thanks!

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Yuo can cool your PSU aswell, yeh i know it sounds crazy....OK just had a quick look around and i cant find ANY anywhere. They do exist, im not crazy. So yeh, you can water cool your power supply, pretty much anythign that generates heat, someone has made a watercooling block for it

Here is a guide for an Innovatek one, its pretty much the same for any standard WC kit though. http://www.highspeedpc.com/H2Okit_setup.htm

It seems that your gonna make water cooling a feature of your computer to be stared at by pasers by, if this is so then you might want to get one of these aswell, they look cool and are very helpful.http://www.thermaltake.com/watercooling/cl-w0032AquaBayM1/cl-w0032.htm

dragon2309

34erd

RAM...
Try not to go with thermaltake for liquid cooling. Alot of their products did worse than air in benchmarks. I've heard the zalman reserator is good. But again its not for everything. Whats your budget? A complete watercooling system can cost up to $500 if you want to cool EVERYTHING.

CmoAMD

Yea the budget wouldnt matter. Like I said I dont mind buying.... tubes and, tanks and ..... copper things.. lol myself and building it. If there was a step by step thing someone can find or anything. Please post.

34erd

Well you said you dont mind spending sooo.. As a base I would get this, its what alienware uses for their ALX.

CmoAMD

That is ugly as hell... and it doesnt cool everything. It would be hard to customize something already built.

As for the Drive Bay one, I looked at that one before... almost bought it, but can tubing be added and stuff... for cooling other parts, GPU, PSU, etc.

I cant believe theres no company making a FULL liquid cooling system for everything.

Archangel

VIP Member
well.. you also can seal of your case and put some sort of OIL in it.. :p
that actually cools pretty well.. however.. adding RAM is difficult then :p

CmoAMD

I think what I have to do is buy all the "blocks" and "chip sets" for each device im cooling... then get the tubing, then I need a pump and a tank to circulate / refill it?

SAD_DC

Is Liquid Cooling Really Werth It?

I mean Does It Keep The Computer So Cool You Can Leave It On
For Months With-Out Over Heating??

joelkyr

do some research on what block you would like to use(RAD/PUMP/RES/TUBE)if u said that money is not a problem why not Phase Change:)

CmoAMD

Whats Phase Change...

I dont really know where there called, the things that hold the liquid on the CPU, GPU, PSU, HDD, MOBO, they all have different names...

I think! I would need to get a block for each one... then tubing... then a pump, and a tank. Then ofcourse the radiator and fan.... the pump pumps cool liquid from the tank that the radiator cooled thru the tubings to each device... and I refill once a month or something...

SAD_DC

Is it really werth the 500+ bux for complete cooling?
and can i just add the liquid cooling later on?
or do i need specific mobo/cpu..etc..

34erd

Yeah basicly...

Phase change is like a refrigerator where the CPU block is where the coolent evaporates. If price is REALLY no issue... its around $800

SAD_DC

damn thats to much..
i mean 800 bux is a godly video card..
and i can just keep a.c on if i really want to cool my comp..
jeez maybe if i had a high paying job i can afford 800bux for good cooling.
btw any1 have pictures? i mean like specific pictures..

34erd

Sorry SAD DC, I didnt mean its worth $500 for liquid cooling lol. I was replying to cmoAMD's coment about how to set it up. For the satndard user theres no point of getting liquid cooling. A good cooler like the SI-120 will do just as good as some watercooling systems. And phase change is just for the reeeeaaaaly extreme people with no budget.

Vampiric Rouge

Can It really cool that much better? It seems like the radiator for the liquid cooling kits are often the same size as the HSF for an air cooled CPU and liquid cooling has gpu and northbridge and all that gooing in the same radiator, it just doesn't make sence that it could keep it that much cooler..I'm going to go look in to this more....