Complete Newbie when it comes to computers!

Moore671

Hey folks; Im 28 years old and I know practically nothing about computers. Now I dont mean "nothing" literally. I imagine I know as much as the average person my age when it comes to general operation. However, I am looking to increase my all around hardware knowledge, as well as learn some basic programming. Is there anyone here who can point me to some solid online resources until such a time as I can afford some courses

SpriteMidr

Hey folks; Im 28 years old and I know practically nothing about computers. Now I dont mean "nothing" literally. I imagine I know as much as the average person my age when it comes to general operation. However, I am looking to increase my all around hardware knowledge, as well as learn some basic programming. Is there anyone here who can point me to some solid online resources until such a time as I can afford some courses

If you want help getting started with programming, give me or @Cromewell a shout. I enjoy talking to people about programming. I can't help as much with hardware. You don't need to pay for courses to learn to program. I taught myself from scratch when I was 14, I started with a language called Visual Basic, then Java, C#, and Python. :3

I would suggest downloading Python 3.4 from https://www.python.org/downloads/

I dislike Python, but it is quick and simple to learn :)

Don't be afraid to ask questions!

Last edited by a moderator:

Calin

It took me about 2 months to learn how to build a computer, I can't really help you with software but this is the video that taught me. It may be old but the building process hasn't changed. The only piece of hardware I can think of that the video doesn't teach you how to install are M.2 SSDs.