complex ... help

lptprepair

yes i would like to recover the lost files that are older than the duplicate deleted files that show up in the reovery software on the hard disk
these duplicaetd files are more recent and taking up alot of space
to run the reovery software in hopes of retreiving the older lost files i have to have more free hard disk space

that brings me back to can i somehow just delete the newer duplicate deleted files in the hard drive somehow if so how? and yet still leave the older lost files to be found once the hard disc space is freed up to let the recovery software look for the older ones
it cannot do that with all the space being used for the duplicate deleted files

do not know how else to explain this

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Recover all files, delete the ones you don't want and then wipe free space. Don't know what else to tell you.

lptprepair

Recover all files, delete the ones you don't want and then wipe free space. Don't know what else to tell you.

the reccovery program only recovers files looking for, ( does not delete them)
then guess could delete (over 6 g of duplicate files after recover them but why)

again back to square one

the rexovery software says that it can only retreive enough files as there is space on hard drive
right now the hard drive is full so recovery software only is able to rexovery most recent files ( the duplicate files that had deleted originally that are now taking up space in hard drive)

the files that are lost the older files will not show up in the hard drive on recovery software unless there is free space on hard drive

those are ones attempting to get to

so that is why asked if some way to get rid of the duplicate files on hard drive ( over 5 or 6 G) to free up the space, without them overwriting , so can get to the software recovery prog to find the older files lost once the hard drive free space is available and if so how would i do that?
if you get that is what i meant ok thank you

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
There is no way to physically delete the duplicated deleted files. Can't you select only the files that you want to recover? If you don't have enough space then you will need to recover everything to a different drive. I don't know what else to tell you. You can't really delete the deleted files without wiping the free space. So are you finally understanding what I'm trying to tell you??

lptprepair

There is no way to physically delete the duplicated deleted files. Can't you select only the files that you want to recover? If you don't have enough space then you will need to recover everything to a different drive. I don't know what else to tell you. You can't really delete the deleted files without wiping the free space. So are you finally understanding what I'm trying to tell you??

get what you are syaing thought perhaps there was a recover program that could delete only the ones you want to delete so cd have free space

thank you