complex ... help

lptprepair

DVD RW hidden files

First of all, all those entries under hosts means you are running a custom hosts file that will make it harder for you to visit bad websites and get infected.

As far as the burning issue goes, you are probably not using the correct one. There are 2 ways to burn.

1. burn and finalize cd/dvd which means all data will be seen in other devices.
2. burn and not finalize cd/dvd which means data won't be seen in other devices until its finalized.

Check your burning options and see which one you chose.

Also, what google install file are you talking about? Its been awful hard reading your posts and actually understanding what you have been trying to say.

apologize for posts- not intentional
ok i dragged the documents into D drive as it said drag them
and i did and they showed up at first that day night-
i did not burn them just dragged them
was in c computer shows computer and avail space and D drive and avail space for DVD RW that was in D drive
i had used the choices of live where it says live or master to save as
in vista thats all i did and put the date as name
then today i dragged a pdf to see if showed up it did but like said it asked for name again and live or master and i chose live

i have since run recover program recuva and they show up as not deleted over 1000 files ( by the way these are not the files still looking for these are newer ones)

so they are on the dvd and not deleted just hidden for some reason

as far as the google goes
it is same one i first mentioned will take a look and repost ty

lptprepair

host files

First of all, all those entries under hosts means you are running a custom hosts file that will make it harder for you to visit bad websites and get infected.

so why do those names show up are they excluded somewhere how do they get they or what creates them?

Last edited by a moderator:

lptprepair

as far as the google goes
it is same one i first mentioned will take a look and repost ty[/QUOTE]

ok google- l best way to show is from quarantine file in malwarebytes so here it is:
11 17 13 in quarantine trojan file c:program files\'google
'desktop'\install\ 39feb9c-99ec-48fa-012d-4a13048984cd)

and the files is quarantiened yet it has left a google folder that has several other folders in it Google ( over 100 files it says in it)

now path for :Computer>local disc c> Program FIles>Google> Desktop>install google> 29feb9c.....> unnamed folder> unnamed folder > unnamed folder with ... when click that one it says location unavailable

it will not let me delete it and has not been removed thru all these other prgrams ran

same with install mate and its my app from 5 11 14 will not let me delete them and they are not showing up in the install uninstall on control panel to remove nor do see a uninstall anywhere for them

lptprepair

okay think roxio is already on here would you get rid of it first?
ty

this is error message got for cd burner link
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Reason: The client software did not provide a hostname using Server Name Indication (SNI), which is required to access this server

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you had google desktop installed at any time, the program was discontinued. Without really knowing what program these files/folders pertain to, I can't tell you to either save or delete them.

If you feel like your system is corrupted you can always fresh install windows and that will clean you right up.

So you got this laptop used? Was it a fresh install of windows? If not, I would do that now. When ever you take over a system its always best to fresh install the operating system.

For someone unsure of how to websurf and stuff, its always best to keep the hosts file.

lptprepair

If you had google desktop installed at any time, the program was discontinued. Without really knowing what program these files/folders pertain to, I can't tell you to either save or delete them.

If you feel like your system is corrupted you can always fresh install windows and that will clean you right up.

So you got this laptop used? Was it a fresh install of windows? If not, I would do that now. When ever you take over a system its always best to fresh install the operating system.

For someone unsure of how to websurf and stuff, its always best to keep the hosts file.

thank you yes it was fresh install when got it

from search on net it looks like they are all malware or trojans programs
i did not intentionally ever install google - if recall a toolbar tried to take over when downloaded a software program and missed the box to check not to let it install
the other two came with the rogue thing from may download of a pdf online i think , and they are malare redirect things think
and thought chamellon and combo fix took care of them they are still showing up think in previous post i showed the paths and think they are empty with just text and one has a app aplication in one of its folders

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would just recommend doing a fresh install that way its all nice and clean for you. Unfortunately.

lptprepair

unable to do reinstall as person got laptop from did not give me the reinstall stuff nor do i have anything with enough space to save enough for back up before doing that

so john back to my quest about the lost files..... before this dvd rw issue

is there someway to remove or delete the duplicate files now over 5GB on the hard drive that i deleted to recylce bin and then deleted again
as i can recover the deleted ones on the hard disc with software recovery program they show up
however that does not delete them just finds them
so i would like to delete them to free up space
so i can recover the lost documents that have been trying to get to for awhile now0- they are older than the duplicate docs that are deleted
and there is not enough free space on here becuse of those duplicate deleted files that are more recent-
until i free up hard drive space the recovery programs cannot find them ( older ones)

and do not want to overwrite them

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
OK, now I think I'm somewhat understanding here. If you are talking about file recovery software then all that does is finds files that were deleted but never overwritten. When you actually delete a file, you aren't physically deleting it, you are just removing the reference to it on the disk. The file won't get deleted until something overwrites the space the file is taking up.

You can always download files to create a vista install cd and use the key that should be attached to the bottom of a laptop or side of case of a desktop.

lptprepair

OK, now I think I'm somewhat understanding here. If you are talking about file recovery software then all that does is finds files that were deleted but never overwritten. When you actually delete a file, you aren't physically deleting it, you are just removing the reference to it on the disk. The file won't get deleted until something overwrites the space the file is taking up.

You can always download files to create a vista install cd and use the key that should be attached to the bottom of a laptop or side of case of a desktop.

do not have freed up space cds where at now lil bit of a bind

so how to delete the files that are duplicates that the reovery software program found first so that will have freed up space on hard drive for the recovery software to find the lost files that are older than the duplicate files it found that i deleted on purpose recently ( over 5 gb)?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If the recovery software is finding duplicate files then you need to determine what files need to be recovered and leave the rest alone. I can't help you with that, only you know what you deleted and where they were located.

lptprepair

If the recovery software is finding duplicate files then you need to determine what files need to be recovered and leave the rest alone. I can't help you with that, only you know what you deleted and where they were located.

not sure you get what i am asking
i know which ones they are i do not know how to delete them once the recovery software program finds them as it only finds them

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That will actually delete anything in the free space in the drive. If you still have files you need to recover, then you need to do that before you wipe the free space.