Compresser??

Fankango

Hi everyone, I have a movies that I have on to my computer, but they take up 4 GB of my memory. Is there a way to compress them to 600MB. Either a program to get to something I might have on my computer. Thanks for your help.

kof2000

not all the way to 600 maybe a couble hundred mbs. use winrar with best compression settings. also you can compress your hardrive to save space.

ZER0X

VIP Member
Fankango said:
Hi everyone, I have a movies that I have on to my computer, but they take up 4 GB of my memory. Is there a way to compress them to 600MB. Either a program to get to something I might have on my computer. Thanks for your help.

But if you wanted to burn the movie onto a dvd cd compressing it wouldn't be reccomeded ;)

Fankango

i am not in to burning but i just want to store some on my computer. I have found a DVD Decryter so u don't need anymore help but still post them for other people to see. thanks everone. P.S. i got my DVD Decryter at Download.com

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
but they take up 4 GB of my memory. Is there a way to compress them to 600MB
Yep!

1. Rip IFO/VOBs (or if they are already ripped)
2. Grab a program like DVDx (its easy to use, fairly functional and free)
3. Load the IFO/VOB
4. Rip to AVI (or MPEG)
I got bored and wrote a guide one day http://www.hazza.dsl.pipex.com/GUIDES/DVDx Guide.pdf

if your movies are in DVD format, try DVD shrink, it's free, I never used it though
DVDShrink does DVD-->DVD :)