CompTIA A+ certification.

kamikaze77

I am currently studying for my A+ certification. I'm moving to San Antonio next month and am hopeing to get a job at geek squad(best buy) or something similar to start off my career being a computer nerd and getting paid for it. I would like to get a bunch of other certifications, but frankly, there are so many certifications, i don't even know where to start. Every time that i ask someone what other certifications would be good for a guy who is just starting his IT career. They just give me a bunch of links to different websites, and no one really answers my question.
So I'm asking yall, Other than A+ what other certifications should i look into?
Also, What are some good jobs for someone who is trying to get into the IT field?
Thanks in advance

Quiltface

There are so many area's of IT, what interests you is the question. If you wanted to be a programmer than your list of applicable certifications are going to be ALOT different than say a systems administrator. Network + was my first cert then A+... those are both good starters but if you don't plan on doing anything with networks than Net+ would be waste of time. A+ is good in general, after a while it wont be really looked at depending on what job you are looking for. When I was looking for a new job a few years back no one cared about my A+. But a lot of entry level jobs will look at A+ and maybe even give you a tad more money because of it. I guess a good 2nd certification you could get without being specific as to what area of IT you want to get into would be an MCP in Windows 7. (I think they still call it an MCP "Microsoft Certified Professional")