compusa....

kof2000

one of my classmate told me not to buy anything from compusa because everything they sell is broken :)

i didnt believe him until....

i bought a 2gb flash drive.... broken

i bought a 22in monitor..... used for 2weeks... broken

bought a hdd...... dead

seriously i doubt it is the product but the people who's handling it.

i remember back a few years ago before i became interested in building my own pc.... my dad bought a hp computer from them and they guy that worked there drop the damn computer on the floor. :)

so.... becareful next time you buy from them :)

oh and guess what? i cant take the monitor back to compusa instead i have to ship it to viewsonic :)

leSHok

haha wow that is horrible but i bought my computer off them and they lied about the specs. JERKS!

Yasu

I've bought 2 120mm fans, a Zalman HSF, and some AS5...all of them were fine. Maybe you just have bad luck...

kobaj

VIP Member
CompUSA is fine, it might just be because of your location you get all the mentally challenged salesmen, but all my experiences with them have been great.

Anywho, Bestbuy, thats a whole other story. They are the real lying stealing cheating bastards.

g4m3rof1337

they had an issue that my friend and i were 14 and couldnt go in by ourselves so we were shooed away until i notifyed my parents and they found out that, kids my age like to play the gaming demos and steal.

then when they let us in, they stood RIGHT next to me, the clerk watching me, i asked him a question about this fan and hes like... uhh...i dont know

so, i ONLY go there for computer emergencies

so far what ive got from there is fine

if you and ur friend shop at the same compusa, then maybe its the location.

Motoxrdude

OK OK, i have the best story.
I bought a computer from compusa and it was suppose to come with a 15'' monitor. So we got it home, and opened it up and guess what?! there was no monitor :eek: we called compusa and they told us that we could return it and get our money back, but guess what again?! we had to pay a 15% restocking fee. talk about gay!
i never bought from them since.

computerhakk

VIP Member
"seriously i doubt it is the product but the people who's handling it."
There are more than one compUSA. If you think so, you should try other ones.

"haha wow that is horrible but i bought my computer off them and they lied about the specs. JERKS!"
Your fault for listening to computer salesmen's. ;)

I've never had any problems with mines either. Everything worked out well.

sup2jzgte

I buy from compusa when I need something ASAP, but I have never had any problems with their products. Now with that being said I think the employees of CompUsa are about as dumb as nails..............well at least the ones over here are. If you have to buy something from them I would not worry to much about the product itself , but if you need advice or help go else where. Then again they are better than The Geek Squad...but not by much

footballstevo75

well, I only buy from there if it is a cheap part, and I do not want to wait for it to come from buying online

When I have asked them about the little stuff ie- network cards, pci expansion cards, fans and coolers, they seem to have an idea of what they are talking about

but, I stood and looked at the motherboards and cpu's in that case for about 20 minutes, and nobody even came up and asked if I needed anything, granted I didn't need help, but you think that they would be a little more helpful

wicked859

banned
ive never had any problems whatsoever with compusa....the only bad thing I have to say about compusa is..they didnt have ddr400 kingston ram when I really wanted it :(. O and there a little overpriced.

lb562high

banned
i usually buy just when they have good sales...i just bought a new mouse there yesterday and it didnt come with the setup CD so i brought it back...then i found the same mouse online for cheaper so i just asked for my money back :)