Computer acting weird

waffles

Hello everyone,
I built a custom gaming rig maybe 3 years ago and its worked great until now.
Freeze: Sometimes it just freezes. This is usually after using the computer for a little then walking away and when I come back its frozen. It also just happens when I'm still using the computer. It also happens before login. after turning my computer on it shows the screen that you click and then the actual login page shows up. in But mine sometimes doesn't respond to my keyboard or mouse for maybe a minute. after that I can click it and it goes to the login screen.
Crash: This happens every time I fullscreen a video on youtube or netflix but it also happends in other circumstances. I fullscreen the video, it works for a minute at most then my entire screen goes black except my mouse. It makes that sound it makes when something connects to it, like a usb drive or something, sometimes sections of the frame of a window appear but its in an old style like windows xp or something. After that two things have happened. Either: The computer goes back to the login screen and I can login again or It just sits on the black screen and does nothing. Oh and sometimes I can move my mouse on the black screens and sometimes I can't.
I know all that is probably really confusing but I wanted to give as much info as possible. I've installed malwarebytes and adwcleaner and I also have a paid anti virus software. Ive also updated my GPU drivers.
Does anyone have an idea whats going on?
any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks
My rig:
AMD FX-8320
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 1866 F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL
Radeon HD 7870 graphics card

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like bad hard drive or its possible something is shorting out since you are getting the usb connect/disconnect sound. First start removing your usb devices and check cables and ports for any damage.

Palladini

Download Malawarebytes, scan your computer, not all antivirus programs work that good.
I have 3 computers, and on all 3 I run ZoneAlarm Firewall, Ccleaner, Malawarebytes and Superantispyware. Once a week or thereabouts, I run the latter 3 programs on all 3 programs. I never have serious problems