computer always restarting

andrewk47

i need a help on my computer,..it always restart if i used it,,i can use for some minutes then restarts,nothing unfamiliar,..its just restarts,..i am using windows xp

intel Pentium dual core 1.6 GHZ (E2140) processor
ECS P4M890T-M mainboard
1GB Pc 667 memory
160GB SATA HDD
PALIT 7200GS 256 V.CARD

check your power button and reset button chords for a break somewhere along the lines. you've pry got a short against the case and everytime it arks it resets.

Yeh, check all the "plugs" from your power/reset button to your motherboard, there could be some sort of pressure against it pressing it.
Also run some anti-virus software, you might have a virus that was designed to annoy the hell outa you.

Check the system in bios if it restarts then remove the modem card if you have one and then try or if it does not restart try running a repair and if it still does not work jus go ahead and reinstall the Operating system and i think it should take care of it

what i think is a faulty psu unit, check the rating and check it with a new or good psu,
other possibilities are a viruse attack, scan your system and update your viruses definition, and as other suggested check power cable's.

thanks for all the replys,..i think i must check if there's a pressure in power/reset button,..later i will reformat my pc because it's been a year since my last reformat,..thanks again,..

I think that a booting virus is there in your computer which makes your computer restart again and again.May i know which antivirus you are using on your system currently..
138l1308.jpg

i am using a nod 32 antivirus,..hmmm anyways i found out that it restarts itself if i use it for a longer time,..

Back