Computer boots up, shuts down shortly after.

ItlanChode

New Member
Installed new mobo, cpu and ram on the computer. It boots up to Windows, runs good for about a minute and then the monitor shuts down and front LED of the case shuts down. The rest of the computer runs, with the LED still showing green.

Big point: My front LED is green, but ever since the new install, has been red. Wtf does this mean? Red usually means bad, so what is wrong? Do I need a clean install of windows?
 
Is that what is causing this? It's booting up fine, but then crashing.

Yes that would / could be the cause and whenever you put a new motherboard in your computer, you have to reinstall windows because windows needs to have the updated hardware and new drivers.

So reinstall windows and then see if the problem persists then we can go from there.
 
You might not need to reinstall. You could always try to do a Repair, after all, you have nothing to lose if you're going to reformat, is there?
 
I have a bunch of shit to lose but I don't care. I just want the computer fixed tbh. And the front LED light is really freaking me out, and the fact that computer continues running but the monitor shuts off.
 
The odd thing is that the guy who put the pieces in can run the computer at his job, but as soon as it gets to my house it dies.
 
Yeah sounds like its your monitor to me. Seeing as it runs fine at the other guys house. I get a problem like that sometimes but very rarely and all it takes is to pull out the power cord on the back of the monitor then plug it back in and she's all hunky dory.
 
Back
Top