Computer BSODing, seems to be having issues

spirit

Staff member
You will to reinstall the games and put them on the drive most likely, sorry. You probably won't just be able to run the .exe file which launches the game.

Could be motherboard damage, try resetting your router. Just turn it off and on again.

Pyotr

Still taking ages to load Windows with the other hard drive unplugged. But at least the port light on the router is lit now.. We'll see if I have internet in 3, 2, 1... nope. :p
Will try to format and just do a clean install. No idea if it will work. :/

Pyotr

I should probably stop panicking. Booting fine after reinstalling Windows, internet access after installing drivers. So far so good?

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Have you installed the LAN drivers?

Could possibly be a motherboard issue. Don't suppose you have any Wi-Fi adapters laying around you could try do you?

Pyotr

Yeah, seems fine now, minus 4gb RAM. Now comes the crappy part where I have to download every single program and games on Steam I usually play. :/
Any suggestion for making sure it doesn't happen again?

spirit

Staff member
Not really much I can recommend, when RAM goes bad it goes bad. There's not a lot you can do to help it or stop it from happening again other than hope for the best.

Pyotr

Reason I ask is that after I removed the bad RAM I still had the loading time problems, internet problems and general feeling of bad. It must have been caused by something after all.

spirit

Staff member
The RAM could have caused it. I've had RAM failures in the past and never had those sorts of issues after having had a failure. I had one failure in about April 2011 which just resulted in blue screen after blue screen and one in July this year which resulted in the PC not displaying a signal or even starting I don't think.

On both occasions I just removed the faulty stick and all was fine. It is likely your driver issues were caused by it though.