Computer build compatibility

fireitup2010

New Member
Hey guys, I'm Matt. I'm trying to build a computer of my own. This is my first time. I was hoping you could tell me if these parts below will operate correctly together.

The case: Blue Raidmax Tornado SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ATX-238WL, Stylish Side Panel, w/ 120mm and 80mm Fans. $39.99

Power: Logisys All Clear 550W Computer ATX Power Supply, Supports SATA and PCI-E, Dual Blue LED Fans. $39.99

CD Drive: Black Lite-On Internal SATA 4X Blu-ray Disc Reader, Model: IHOS104-08. Retail Box. $70.98

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2H AMD 760G Socket AM2+ M-ATX Motherboard, Supports 45nm AMD AM3 CPU, Dual Channel DDR2 1200+, PCI-E 2.0, SATA 3Gb/s RAID. $61.99

Memory: One Patriot 2GB DDR2 800 Memory. $47.99

PCI Express Video Card: Radeon HD4350 1GB PCI-E 2.0 PowerColor AX4350. $45.99

CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 545 3.0GHz HDX545WFGIBOX Dual-Core Retail. $89.99

HDD: One 500GB SATA 3.5in OEM Seagate. $56.99

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. $99.99

CPU cooler: Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler RR-UV8-XBU1-GP, for Intel Core i7 LGA1366/1156/775 and AMD Socket 940/AM2/AM2+ CPUs. $54.99

I want to order from www.directron.com . Do you thing that would be a good website considering their price?

:)Thanks, Matt:)
 
Last edited:
I would order from Newegg,Zipzoomfly or Tigerdirect myself. Or even Mwave.

Looks ok, but the Case and power supply are cheap crap. Look at Antec/Corsair/Silverstone/Xcilo or even a BFG/Muskin/OCZ for power supplies. Cases Antec/NZXT/Cooler Master/Lancool.

Plus you could get a Phenom II 550 for 10 bucks more.

Are you just getting one stick of memory?
 
I actually wanted to get the OCZ reaper seires memory but I didn't know which one to get out of the DDR 2gb. Do you thing the ten dollar upgrade for the CPU will make a notacable difference? Thanks for the warning on the case and power.
 
Patriot memory is a good brand. 2gb of memory is (alright) but only one stick will run in single channel. I would get two 1gb. sticks or two 2gb. sticks so it would run in Dual Channel. Look for DDR2 1066 if its not much higher. Yes the 550 is a better processor, some will unlock to a Quad, they overclock better, plus they are a Black Edition with a unlocked multiplier.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top