computer build start up?

What about configuring the BIOS? Any helpful tips or links of what I should be looking for ?
Thanks for the link Benny , theres a lot of useful info.

richardroy

An understanding of fundamental topics in computer I always say, you know that your computer starts. At this point, you should see the graphics above the operating system loads. This building is called a splash screen. Your own computer can be a very fun process and usually faster than the computer you buy in stores if you can fix it would result.

cratecomps

Once the Operating System(Windows 7) is installed and drivers for all the components are installed and working perfectly. I like to run the system for about 24 hours to let it burn in. This will allow the machine to build up heat and tell me whether or not there are enough fans in the case, and if it will overheat. These temps can be monitored in the Bios, and I like to go into the bios and save a backup of the settings as well. From there its pretty much done.
Is there anything in specific you are trying to change in the bios? Most of it is just used for over clocking and/or changing boot priority.

Last edited: