Computer Build

IBEPCWIZ

get an ati GPU with a amd MOBO, You need one more stick of ram for the dd3, Why not spend 30 more dollars and get the 2.6 quad core?

IBEPCWIZ

I dont know the tech side of it but to me its like takeing a ford motor and putting into a chevy... and fords suck ;)

Krysis

I understand what you are saying but I really like Nvidia and there benchmarks are higher for this gpu than they are against a 4890 so I was hoping to go with this 275 because it is the same price as the 4890 I was going to get. Will it work ok or will there be a preformance decrease because it is an AMD/NVIDIA combo?

EDIT: So I think I will just get a 4890 and buy another for crossfire once I have the money.

Last edited:

CardboardSword

I understand what you are saying but I really like Nvidia and there benchmarks are higher for this gpu than they are against a 4890 so I was hoping to go with this 275 because it is the same price as the 4890 I was going to get. Will it work ok or will there be a performance decrease because it is an AMD/NVIDIA combo?

this is debatable. Some will argue that some AMD chipsets work better with ati cards than nVidia, but really, the difference would be negligible, if any. If you prefer nVidia, go for it by all means. You're right, the 275 does seem to have a slight edge in performance, so if you like that option, go right ahead.

Fatback

VIP Member
I understand what you are saying but I really like Nvidia and there benchmarks are higher for this gpu than they are against a 4890 so I was hoping to go with this 275 because it is the same price as the 4890 I was going to get. Will it work ok or will there be a preformance decrease because it is an AMD/NVIDIA combo?

I don't know what benchmarks you have been looking at but a GTX 275 is not better than a 4890 the closest to a 4890 would be a GTX 285 or a 4870 x2 which is right below the best GTX 295. Not only that but the mobo you have only supports crossfire so if you go ATI you can add another later and put them in crossfire if you go Nvidia then you can not get another card and put them in SLI. Also Rosewill power supplies are crap at east get an OCZ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341018 same price a million times better plus it's modular. Also there is no point in buying cold cathodes because you will not be able to see them in the Antec three hundred unless you plan on adding a side window. The cooler master V8 is on sale right now and is way better then that zalman http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103055. By the way when you install that RAM on you motherboard it will only read as 1333 and you will have to OC it to get it to 1600.

Fatback

VIP Member
Forgot to link it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130223
The reason I was wondering is because it suports Crossfire(I'll stick with the 4890) at x16 x16 and has a higher memory standard for ram so I can oc it.
EDIT: and yes I will be modding this case so thats why I am getting the cathode

You will still have to OC your RAM to reach the 2133MHz.
Good luck with modding I have never been any good at it.

Fatback

VIP Member
So i can not use ram at a lower memory clock?

You can still use what ever RAM you won't but it will most likely show up a 1333MHz as it always does when I use AM3 boards. I have not yet use a AM3 board that will read memory more the 1333MHz with out it being overclocked.