Computer build.

aznrob69

Member
Hey, so this is my first computer build. I got some parts together but I didn't know what rams to get but I would want 4gb of ram. Also I don't need an Os nor a Disc Drive. My budget is around 500-800usd. Any suggestions on other parts, where to get the lower price, and stuff that I'm missing. Thanks and heres what I got together.

My custom computer build.
Processor: Intel® - Core™2 Quad Processor Q9400
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Intel&#...9400/9486433.p?id=1218112691286&skuId=9486433
Price: $200

OR

Processor: Intel® - Core™2 Duo Processor E8400
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Intel&#...8400/9486497.p?id=1218112692461&skuId=9486497
Price: $180

Motherboard: Intel® - ATX Desktop Motherboard 1600/1333MHz (Socket LGA 775)
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Intel&#...775)/9486264.p?id=1218112690923&skuId=9486264
Price: $140

Case: Thermaltake - Soprano Mid-Tower Case - Black
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Thermal...lack/8763126.p?id=1203815240653&skuId=8763126
Price: $80

Video Card: BFG - NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB GDDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/BFG+-+N...02780717#tabbed-customerreviews&skuId=9339192
Price: $130/160

Power Supply: Corsair - 650W ATX CPU Power Supply
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Corsair...pply/9358269.p?id=1218090911783&skuId=9358269
Price: $85/99

Hard Drive: Seagate - 500GB Internal Hard Drive for Desktops
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Seagate...tops/8294632.p?id=1172880157923&skuId=8294632
Price: $70

Keyboard & Mouse: HP Wireless Elite Desktop Keyboard and Mouse
Link: http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/computer/categories/mice_keyboards/1/accessories/FQ481AA%23ABA
Price: $64
 
Last edited:
Right... everything is good except your motherboard and GPU. If you want to add extra $80 for your processor and have a better, faster one change to Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

For motherboard, change to ASUS P5E Deluxe;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131317&nm_mc=OTC-RSS

And GPU go for ATi Radeon HD4850. It has much better test results than 9800GT
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814141103&cm_re=hd4850-_-14-141-103-_-Product
 
Thanks for the reply I'll look into it but, any suggestion for the ram? I need 4gb of ram but have no idea what to pick.
 
Best Buy does not carry that unit. Are you looking to purchase locally or online through Best Buy?

Sites like Newegg are going to have a much larger selection.
 
Analizer said to get this motherboard but I couldn't find it on the bestbuy site. Anyhelp?

For motherboard, change to ASUS P5E Deluxe;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&nm_mc=OTC-RSS

Dead link ^

And is there any reason you're sticking to buying Best Buy?

Best Buy does not carry that unit. Are you looking to purchase locally or online through Best Buy?

Sites like Newegg are going to have a much larger selection.

Newegg.com = +1 :good:
 
Fry's isn't bad either. They may have a better selection then Best Buy since you want to stick with a local purchase.
 
What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960
Price: $280

MotherBoard: ASUS P5E Deluxe LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard
Link: This isn't on newegg or any of my local store can anyone find me a
better or same mobo for about the same price range?

Case: Thermaltake - Soprano Mid-Tower Case - Black
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Thermal...lack/8763126.p?id=1203815240653&skuId=8763126
Price: $80

Video Card: XFX - ATI RADEON HD 4850 1GB DDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/XFX+-+A...069452028&skuId=9254521&st=XFX 4850&cp=1&lp=1
Price: $140

Power Supply: Corsair - 650W ATX CPU Power Supply
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Corsair...pply/9358269.p?id=1218090911783&skuId=9358269
Price: $85/99

Hard Drive: Seagate - 500GB Internal Hard Drive for Desktops
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Seagate...tops/8294632.p?id=1172880157923&skuId=8294632
Price: $70

RAM: Corsair - DHX Series 2-Pack 2GB PC3-10664 DDR3
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Corsair...+Kit/9150553.p?id=1218036668191&skuId=9150553
Price: $90

Total = 745 + MOBO
 
I did not know that they were the same price and I know this must be a newbie question but what's so special about the i7?
 
Back
Top