Computer Building Help

CN0TE

New Member
ok since my last thread didn't seem to get the response I'm looking for I want a computer capable of playing the latest and greatest games without lag, programming, easy to upgrade in the future, lots of usb, I want 4gb of ram and the ability to expand to more, Hard Drive wise no less that 150gb no more than 200gb, for the graphics card if its possible I was HDMI output or someway I can connect it to my HDTV in high definition. So far I've been looking at this for the CPU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115042 and this for the CD/DVD/HD-DVD/Blu Ray drive http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136133
If either the CPU or CD Drive aren't good or something please correct it and tell me why they aren't good so that I can learn.

I would prefer a quiet system but its not really a big thing not to mistake that with having it be like a jet engine taking off either, Case I don't really care what it looks like I'm more into it being functional. But both would be awesome, I looking for a price rage of about 1000-1200 though don't include the CD Drive as part of the cost since I planned on buying a Blu ray anyways. If it costs a little more than this for more bang and you could explain why its much better then please feel free. Thank you very much.
 
Last edited:
Ok, Thank you tknick90
Is the sound card that comes with the MoBo any good or should I get a different one?

Also, sorry if this sounds dumb but there are 4 onboard USB how are you suppose to plug USB into them if they are on the inside of the machine?

So far, I've got a
CPU
MoBo
Graphics Card
CD/Blu-ray/HD-dvd/DVD drive

All I really need is a PSU, 4gb of Ram, HDD, Case and I'm probaby missing something really important lol
What about cooling? for the whole Build as well as CPU?
 
Yea I'm not so sure about that motherboard now, are you planning on using SLi, overclocking, and what speed of RAM are you looking for? And the USB ports are on the back of the motherboard, the part that is exposed at the back end of your machine.
 
you changed your mind on the MoBo and removed it from your post why?? Also, I see the differences between the two graphics cards but is the difference worth 75 bucks? Not that I'm really picky on money I just don't wanna be paying more for something not really worth it if you know what I mean.
 
ok I'm looking for 4gb of ram But I want to one day be able to go to 8gb. Overclocking doesn't really seem worth doing why don't they just come out with them already overclocked? If you could explain more. SLi I know what it does and it seems yes but I would not want to go with 2 GPU right now and in the future won't they just have more powerful GPU making SLi pointless?

Thanks for the USB info
 
Ok, Thank you tknick90
Is the sound card that comes with the MoBo any good or should I get a different one?

Also, sorry if this sounds dumb but there are 4 onboard USB how are you suppose to plug USB into them if they are on the inside of the machine?

So far, I've got a
CPU
MoBo
Graphics Card
CD/Blu-ray/HD-dvd/DVD drive

All I really need is a PSU, 4gb of Ram, HDD, Case and I'm probaby missing something really important lol
What about cooling? for the whole Build as well as CPU?

OK, all look good.

Get these:

PSU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005
Ram - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227298
HDD - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148136
Case - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021
CPU Cooler - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118019

Hope this helps.
 
Thanks Cohen

Also, this Graphics card I don't think is supported by the game I wish to play, Spore here are the supported cards for the game.
# Supported Video Cards
# ATI Radeon(TM) series
# 9500, 9600, 9800
# X300, X600, X700, X800, X850
# X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950
# 2400, 2600, 2900,
# 3650, 3850

# NVIDIA GeForce series
# FX 5900, FX 5950
# 6200, 6500, 6600, 6800,
# 7200, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
# 8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
 
After I looked more into that video card in the previous post of mine apparently its pretty new so is the reason its not listed in the supported video cards because its so new and if it is because its new does that mean it will work for spore?
Please Help.
 
CPU
MoBo
Graphics Card
CD/Blu-ray/HD-dvd/DVD drive
PSU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005
Ram - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227298
HDD - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148136
Case - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021
CPU Cooler - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118019

Now that I think I have all the parts figured out. What can I upgrade with this in the future I know I can go up to 8GB, though I need a 64-Bit system, correct? And with that I'm thinking of getting Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit will this still be able to play all the latest games and be able to do programming on or is 64-bit different? Also will I be able to use Multiple Graphics cards in the future? Anything Else before I go ahead?
 
Last edited:
I think I need a different MoBo as I will want to crossfire in the future and this MoBo supports SLI lol
it seems to me crossfire >SLI
 
Back
Top