Computer Building Help
Lots of USB (not pivitol but the more the better), not Next-gen but not old either though I want reliable rather than something cutting edge thing that might have a problem. I want(maybe change my mind
) intel Quad core but there are like over 50 at newegg.com and I have no clue what makes one better or worse other than slightly more processor power it seems
I don't really care about over clocking since it seems like it could mess your computer up. I get what it does but why don't they just make the CPU's like that in the first place?
I want a high amount of RAM and the ability to expand in the future
should i go XP or Vista?
I will be using a LG 37" TV as my monitor so im not sure if that effects the Graphics card, I want a pretty close the the top of a line graphics card but I want to make sure it will like work for all games and why don't some games work for certain graphics cards? My main concern would be buying a good graphics card and computer in general and not having it work for a game I want to buy in the future not that it would be out of date by then I could just buy a new one I'm fine with that if its out of date but it being incompatible. Overall I know how to build a computer as in put it together and assemble it then test it I took a class in college for that. What I don't know really is what brands of parts are good I know nvidia is good for graphics and Intel is good for processor though AMD is just as good Intel seems like it has more support for games though I could be completely wrong on this as have the wrong info feel free to slap me over this and correct me. I just don't know the brands for Motherboards and stuff as I know other things for example HP's software blows and stuff like that. I just don't have knowledge like that for motherboard makers and I'm not sure how you get knowledge like that so that is why I'm here. I not really asking to help me building my computer just how to know what brands are good and stuff and least likely to cause problems and give me some guides here and there.
I need a new Computer because I want to play Spore and Starcraft II and in the future I will be playing Diablo 3 so I want my computer to have a high chance of working for that. Also another computer question can a computer be too fast? Like I can play a game at teagames.com then I play it on my other computer and one plays too slow it seems and the other plays it too fast were you can't control a thing, why is this? And can this happen in games you buy like Spore and Call of Duty and World of Warcraft?
Also I don't really care if it looks cool I more in to functionality than looks.
Also, I've read all of the pinned guides on this site most seem out of date though I learned somethings. And I don't want lag lol
And when I go to newegg.com why can i find nvidia graphics cards I find the same name stuff but by different companies?
Hard Drive wise I don't need a big one really maybe 150gb at most though the RPM i know thats rotation per minute but does that really effect lag or speed the higher it is in a game? Also I plan to program on this as well besides gaming. If this matters I don't plan on going on the internet for a long time on this until diablo 3 comes out.
CD drive wise is it still expensive to get a good Blu ray/DVD/CD combo?
Lots of USB (not pivitol but the more the better), not Next-gen but not old either though I want reliable rather than something cutting edge thing that might have a problem. I want(maybe change my mind
I don't really care about over clocking since it seems like it could mess your computer up. I get what it does but why don't they just make the CPU's like that in the first place?
I want a high amount of RAM and the ability to expand in the future
should i go XP or Vista?
I will be using a LG 37" TV as my monitor so im not sure if that effects the Graphics card, I want a pretty close the the top of a line graphics card but I want to make sure it will like work for all games and why don't some games work for certain graphics cards? My main concern would be buying a good graphics card and computer in general and not having it work for a game I want to buy in the future not that it would be out of date by then I could just buy a new one I'm fine with that if its out of date but it being incompatible. Overall I know how to build a computer as in put it together and assemble it then test it I took a class in college for that. What I don't know really is what brands of parts are good I know nvidia is good for graphics and Intel is good for processor though AMD is just as good Intel seems like it has more support for games though I could be completely wrong on this as have the wrong info feel free to slap me over this and correct me. I just don't know the brands for Motherboards and stuff as I know other things for example HP's software blows and stuff like that. I just don't have knowledge like that for motherboard makers and I'm not sure how you get knowledge like that so that is why I'm here. I not really asking to help me building my computer just how to know what brands are good and stuff and least likely to cause problems and give me some guides here and there.
I need a new Computer because I want to play Spore and Starcraft II and in the future I will be playing Diablo 3 so I want my computer to have a high chance of working for that. Also another computer question can a computer be too fast? Like I can play a game at teagames.com then I play it on my other computer and one plays too slow it seems and the other plays it too fast were you can't control a thing, why is this? And can this happen in games you buy like Spore and Call of Duty and World of Warcraft?
Also I don't really care if it looks cool I more in to functionality than looks.
Also, I've read all of the pinned guides on this site most seem out of date though I learned somethings. And I don't want lag lol
And when I go to newegg.com why can i find nvidia graphics cards I find the same name stuff but by different companies?
Hard Drive wise I don't need a big one really maybe 150gb at most though the RPM i know thats rotation per minute but does that really effect lag or speed the higher it is in a game? Also I plan to program on this as well besides gaming. If this matters I don't plan on going on the internet for a long time on this until diablo 3 comes out.
CD drive wise is it still expensive to get a good Blu ray/DVD/CD combo?
Last edited: