computer cant see the other computer?

shadowangelz

:confused: okay... i have a hub where my two computers are connected to.. along with my cable line.... one of my computers is 2000 and the other is xp.... i even installed NetBEUI to try to make the network work.. somehow.. this computer, lets say A, can only see A.. the other computer, B, can only see computer B. They are in the same network, i fixed that, called MSHOME... from here .. i don't know what's wrong.. i even disable firewall =( help? sorry if im not making myself very clear.. i dont know how else to put it ..

:confused: :confused: :confused:

ahajv4life

Using the correct cables? Not Crossover cables? No windows firewall? Careful with Netbui, never had much luck with that....surf the forums..

shadowangelz

hmm.. the cables? if nothing else works.. then i would say it would be the cables... and yes, i surfed the forums before i posted.. alot of other forums are different because theyre wireless or have the same OS.. is there something that i did not do?

hackang

do you config ip address?
run the reg on the computer which os is xp:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa]
"restrictanonymous"=dword:00000000
"restrictanonymoussam"=dword:00000001
"forceguest"=dword:00000000
"limitblankpassworduse"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters]
"autoshareserver"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters]
"AutoShareWksAutoShareWks"=dword:00000001

shadowangelz

yes... i have firewall.. but i disabled it.... but pinging? i have no idea how to do that.. i'll go read online about that in a bit.. BUT.. another thing came up... a while ago... i changed the the group name to WORKGROUP.. and this computer, computer A can see computer B, but computer A can't see itself.. not only that, computer B still cant see computer A and can only see itself, computer B.

am i losing my mind of what?

shadowangelz

sorry to write something so soon.. but i touched the things around.. and i got them to see eachother.. FINALLY... (but im hoping it will always see eachother.. i dont know if this is temporary or not) ..... how do i get the internet to work? since i have cable... i tried using the ADVANCE -> ALLOW OTHER NETWORK USERS TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET THROUGH THIS COMPUTER. i did that.. the other computer does not work with internet when i do that... and this one does not either when i click on that....

Foel

Try this one:

->Start
--->Control Panel
----->Network connections
Local Area Connection (select your active)
->Click it with second mouse button and select properties
Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
->Properties
--->Advanced
Click on the WINS-tap
There Uncheck LMHOSTS (That there is is no check in the box)
And Netbios settings
->Select disabled

Do this in both of your computers at the same time, then reboot them. It should work then, worked for me thou :D.

quezacotl

try file transfer on msn or qq or ftp and stuff

get both computers online and try to transfer files on that. for the settings. just make a copy of your current registry.

quezacotl

orrrrr, just know what programs you got and download the installations of them like.. let's say you wanna transfer this prog called winamp. just download another copy from winamp. for the programs that you coudn't find online, go to C, then programs. then add the folder( the folder of your program) into a Rar and transfer it to your new computer. then extracts it. it works LOL for the registry, i already said, just backup your registry...

shadowangelz

To QUE: that's the point, computer B can't connect to the internet.. if computer B can't connect to the internet.. then how would i be able to send messages through msn or aim????

computer B still can't connect to the internet.. even if i tried the ->Network Connections -> TCP/IP -> Properties -> Advance -> uncheck the box -> disable NetBIO.. still dont work.. what ive noticed is that when i'm on computer B, it can't acces computer A's files.. computer A can access computer B's file fine.. sheesh.. so confused.. it keeps say //fdjajf is not accessible. Access is Denied. Anymore suggestions?