computer cant see the other computer?

shadowangelz

thank you to all the helped me.. i was told by my brother that it was illegal to get someone to make the internet connection shared.. but all is good.. i finally got it to work.. i was reading the forum that was posted up today.. GOSH U GUYS ARE GREAT! thanks A LOT! i mean ALOT.. because the computer without the internet was mine.. and this one is my brothers..

AGAIN, THANK YOU, TO ALL THAT HELPED.

mrjack

VIP Member
Sharing an internet connection with a household other than the one it was ment for. Like you sharing YOUR internet connection with your neighbor(spelling?).

martaginthemad

you also might want to remember that when you purchase a consumer internet connection the provider assumes that you will only be needing 1 IP address. So, they will only give your account a single IP address. If you want to connect more than one computer simultaniously you might want to look into buying a router to share your internet connection if you already haven't.

When you add a router to your network you can share many internal IP addresses through one single external address. This will also provide you with a little more security for your home systems when properly configured.

If you need a suggestion on what kind of router to buy, I would reccomend looking into a company called "Linksys" or perhaps "D-Link". Both make exceptional products and have decent technical support for when you run into problems.

Hope I've helped