Computer case fans, how and where help needed...

Edi

I decided to stick in some more fans into my desktop computer since i only had 1 there (back), i know generally fans should be set up so that side and front ones are intake, and rear and top is exhaust, but my computer is like the image i posted, can you help me figure out how i should do it. the only places where i have holes for fans is left side, rear, and top. should i put two on top and one on side or one top and one side. also should i go with the above mentioned side of rotation? thanks :)

Last edited:

AnonNone

Top exhaust, rest intake, or only one exhaust on top and rest intake if you want to be experimental, might prove better.

AnonNone

Yeah okay. That's why all cases have rear exhaust. Geez.

Plus it helps the cpu cooler move the hot air away from the cpu. Get real.

Why are you being so aggressive? True, depending on the format of the motherboard it could move hot air away from the CPU, but it is still wasteful as most of the heat is going to rise instead of get sucked out by the rear fan which is why I consider it being wasteful.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Front bottom, intake. Side, intake. Upper back exhaust. Top, exhaust.

Since you cant put a front intake fan. I would only put a exhaust fan in the back top and just one exhaust fan in the top. Plus a intake in the side.

Last edited:

Troncoso

VIP Member
Why are you being so aggressive? True, depending on the format of the motherboard it could move hot air away from the CPU, but it is still wasteful as most of the heat is going to rise instead of get sucked out by the rear fan which is why I consider it being wasteful.

That's not the case. Just because it's hot air doesn't mean it ignores the flow of air created by the fans.