Computer constantly hangs with new graphic card

TheOrangeDude

hi guys, I recently aquired a zotac 240 gt for my amd rig to replace my 7900gt with a dying cooling system. But I encounter major issue after installation of the 240 gt. My comp will just freeze randomly after reboot or power up. This happen with in the first 3-5 minutes. I tried to switch back to my 7900gt and it work completely fine, I'm doing a restallation now trying to erase everything on my c so to make sure there no driver conflict. Any help guys?

Last edited:

wellhellothere

Do you know the card definitely works?

ie: is it new, or has it been working ok in a system before yours?

If yes, then i'd suggest checking your definitely installing the correct drivers and that your previous drivers have been uninstalled. Check its not a heat issue.

Just as a side note - you shouldnt need to clear your C drive in the case of driver conflicts, just simply uninstall the previous drivers first by:

Right click my computer > System > Device manager > Display adapter > Right click, and uninstall

TheOrangeDude

Do you know the card definitely works?

ie: is it new, or has it been working ok in a system before yours?

If yes, then i'd suggest checking your definitely installing the correct drivers and that your previous drivers have been uninstalled. Check its not a heat issue.

Just as a side note - you shouldnt need to clear your C drive in the case of driver conflicts, just simply uninstall the previous drivers first by:

Right click my computer > System > Device manager > Display adapter > Right click, and uninstall

really I dont know if that card was 100% working since I just bought it from my local computer store. But is there any way u can tell if the card was defected? well I'm not expert when it comes to gpu, infact this is my first time eva switching gpu with 1 same rig. and as for update, I just finish my reinstallation and I did 2x test run, problem still exist even with a completely empty c/ drive with no driver install. :(

TheOrangeDude

So, the driver your trying to install is named: 258.96 - is that right?

Be sure that the old drivers are removed (the instructions in my first post), and install the new drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/Drive...p_32bit_english_whql.exe&lang=us&type=GeForce

Thats the link if you need it.

Edit: Im just making sure you've done this, sorry if you already have :)

I'll do that after I finish with my ram test, some ppl over on another forum suggest me to do a ram test to see if the problem is with the ram. :confused: will upgrade to new driver after thx bud, I'll keep posting

wellhellothere

Ok, i'd strongly recommend installing the new drivers asap, it will more than likely solve your problem.

(by the way, im not so sure about blaming RAM...your 7600gt runs ok, yeah?)

Good luck :)

TheOrangeDude

Ok, i'd strongly recommend installing the new drivers asap, it will more than likely solve your problem.

(by the way, im not so sure about blaming RAM...your 7600gt runs ok, yeah?)

Good luck :)

updated to the newest 258.96 driver, freeze remain 3-5 minutes after reboot or up on start. Looks like the card is defected. :(