computer continuosly re-booting itself

palmero

New Member
I'm in the process of re-starting my PC. It's been 2 years, I built it about 5 years ago for gaming. I started it up yesterday but was having issues getting the PC to recognize the wireless card I just installed. Not knowing what the problem is I figured it's best to just reformat drive. When I put windows disc in, it froze. I restarted, and while it goes through the process of starting back up..it will get as far as the windows logo then go all the way back showing mobo brand, then back to windows logo..and so on. I wasn't sure if it was the drive so I connected a seperate drive and this time it gave me the option to start in safe mode (which I did) but then the same thing happened...shoes start-up info, mobo brand, then windows logo and starts all over. Any ideas?

If I remember correctly the mobo is "ABIT" unsure model

120g western digital HD
40g Western Digital HD
Running Windows Xp

1g ram unknown speed
 
Last edited:
So, you never did get a chance to reformat the drive, right? When you got the prompt for safe mode, was the Windows disc still in the drive or was it from your hard disk?
 
Back
Top