#$%&@! Computer Crashing

Itronix

Hello, everyone. Well, the title says it all. My computer is crashing. It has crashed rarely since I built it (February), but in the last couple days it has become bad. This system received it's FIRST BSOD today. Usually, I may try to open a program and it won't respond. Just around three minutes ago, it was totally unresponsive. It just froze. I reset it with the case reset button and the screen went black (as it should for a second), but wouldn't pull out of that state and just made a partial beep every three seconds or so. The beep wasn't a whole beep, but was about as long as a small "tick" noise (it was a beep from the motherboard buzzer, not a hd ticking noise).

I was planning on dumping a faster CPU in this thing, but now that I'm having problems, I figure that I should figure those out first. So, would this be software related or more of a hardware related issue? I've already had to install Vista twice on this machine, seeing as the control panel or my computer wouldn't open..... See system specs below in my sig. Thanks for the help everyone.

Not that this has anything to do with it, but my automatic updates keep shutting off on AVG. This has started happening around the same time the crashes started.

Last edited:

lovely?

yeah theres a little clip holding the battery in just pull it back and the battery should pop out. that will reset everything.

Itronix

Sorry that I am just now replying. I just got back from work. I took the battery out and came back on to the forum. How long should it be out for? One website said 20 minutes, but is that really needed? Thanks for your help!

Fritzjavel

If that doesn't work, i remember having that problem, and when i checked inside my case i notice that my hd plug was loose, and i had to push it in a little deeper, maybe that happend to you, try checking that..

Itronix

Hello and thanks for the help. I'm using it as we speak and so far so good. When I turn it off, I'll try what Fritzjavel said as well. Can't hurt! Either way, so far it's stable. I'll let you guys know if anything goes wrong again. I really appreciate your help with my noob questions, everyone :D! Thanks.