Computer creates a fake internet connection?

TehBlizzy

Yay. I finally managed to get Windows XP Pro SP 2. The bad thing is, it cleared my whole driver. Drivers and all. My ethernet card came with the computer pre-installed, but the drivers were lost and the card had no identifying data or stickers of what it was. I bought a Linksys LNE100TX(v5) ethernet card (same card I'm using now) and it installed fine. Before that, I deleted the existing drivers and removed the previous ethernet card. I started Windows up and checked my connections and the Linksys connection has appeared, but now there is another called "1394 Connection 5". The Linksys says there is no cable plugged in, but the 1394 says it's connected. There is no other card? I uninstalled the drivers for it and removed the connection and restarted the computer. The same thing re-appeared as "1934 Connection 6". Why is this happening and what is causing it?

TehBlizzy

I've recently found out that the "1394 Connection" is FireWire. It seems that that is basically harmless. But why does my ethernet crad work? I installed the drivers using the CD that came with it, restarted my cable modem and everything else. Still says "A Newtwork Cable is Unplugged"

bomberboysk

If you want the message to stop displaying, right click on the icon, "Open Network Connections", right click 1394 connection, and click disable. That will disable it, and will also remove the icon in the tray.

cohen

My school has that on the computers, it doesn't do anything, as said by bomber, disable it.

TehBlizzy

How would I go about fixing the "Network Cable Unplugged" issue? The ethernet cables work fine, and the cable modem isn't the issue(I'm using both at the moment). The ethernet card is brand new too...

walton04

The set-up settings of your network connection are not properly installed..
--------------------------
//neuracom.co.uk/