Computer drive is nearly full?

eem2am

Hi,
I have a Huawei Matebook Pro.
Windows 10
8GB RAM
SSD
Purchased new in late 2021

If i click the C drive it says i have only 16.8GB free of 119GB.

However, i feel sure i have no more than a few GB's worth of files on my C drive.
So do you know whats causing this?

Do you know of a good program which can go through all your C drive files and show up how much memory they take?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
A 120 GB SSD is really too small nowadays anyway, minimum should be 256gb. You might want to see if system restore is enabled and how much disk space its taking up. Download and run Ccleaner so that it removes all temporary internet and system files.

Okedokey

A 120 GB SSD is really too small nowadays anyway, minimum should be 256gb. You might want to see if system restore is enabled and how much disk space its taking up. Download and run Ccleaner so that it removes all temporary internet and system files.

Ccleaner is malware. If you don't believe me look into it. It adds additional tasks, has been known to be infected with Trojans in teh past. BleachBit is more recommended now.

Otherwise ust use the Windows 10 disk clean function. Download Windows 10 ISO and keep it somewhere safe (in case you need to fix or reinstall) and then use the Disk Cleanup tool on C: and delete ALL that it finds. If you haven't used it before, you may be surprised with the space it saves.

1659488966897.png

1659489063221.png

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ccleaner is malware. If you don't believe me look into it. It adds additional tasks, has been known to be infected with Trojans in teh past
It is??? News to me. No where online does it say that it is. Sure, its been hacked in the past and it was only the 32bit version only. No issues with the 64bit version. What are these additional tasks you are speaking of? When installing it, it usually will put itself in the startup which I always disable. I only use the temp file cleaner part of it anyway, never the registry cleaner, drive update, optimizer. I also use it to set it to not delete cookies of sites I use constantly.

aldan

Ccleaner is malware. If you don't believe me look into it. It adds additional tasks, has been known to be infected with Trojans in teh past. BleachBit is more recommended now.

Otherwise ust use the Windows 10 disk clean function. Download Windows 10 ISO and keep it somewhere safe (in case you need to fix or reinstall) and then use the Disk Cleanup tool on C: and delete ALL that it finds. If you haven't used it before, you may be surprised with the space it saves.

View attachment 10800

View attachment 10801
horse puckys.

Darren

Staff member
horse puckys.
He's right, at least about it containing a virus at one point. I'm not sure I'd go as far to call it malware though outright, seems that specific version release got hijacked and has since been fixed. It is more bloated than it once was though.

aldan

He's right, at least about it containing a virus at one point. I'm not sure I'd go as far to call it malware though outright, seems that specific version release got hijacked and has since been fixed. It is more bloated than it once was though.

yeah it is more bloated allright.there is another program that is similar called privazer.seems to work as well.i remember hearing about the hack.never downloaded that update luckily.