Computer Fails to Boot when HDMI is Plugged In - GTX 780

JasonPDK

Hi all,
I have a GTX 780, the DVI outputs are working fine. However, when the HDMI is plugged in the computer powers on but the screen remains blank and the OS fails to boot (it turns off instantly when the power button is pressed).
The full specs of this computer are in my signature.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? Any help is greatly appreciated.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Probably a bad hdmi port. Rma it back to the manufacturer. Try a different hdmi cable first though.

silv55

Hi all,
I have a GTX 780, the DVI outputs are working fine. However, when the HDMI is plugged in the computer powers on but the screen remains blank and the OS fails to boot (it turns off instantly when the power button is pressed).
The full specs of this computer are in my signature.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? Any help is greatly appreciated.

First thing is to reinstall drivers,disconnect hdmi, first use VGA to reinstall drivers for your card then shutdown and connect HDMI and restart.

Also i don't know if it applies to your set up ,the other day when i put in a new HDD it went to a black display no matter what i connect or what i do,it was a bit of a headache and i thought the card went bad,since my motherboard has integrated card i connected it to VGA and voila had signal,from there i reinstalled in my case ATI catalyst drivers and connected HDMI and everything went normal

JasonPDK

First thing is to reinstall drivers,disconnect hdmi, first use VGA to reinstall drivers for your card then shutdown and connect HDMI and restart.

Also i don't know if it applies to your set up ,the other day when i put in a new HDD it went to a black display no matter what i connect or what i do,it was a bit of a headache and i thought the card went bad,since my motherboard has integrated card i connected it to VGA and voila had signal,from there i reinstalled in my case ATI catalyst drivers and connected HDMI and everything went normal

I had reinstalled the drivers already. I doubt it's a driver problem as the OS fails to boot. Thanks for your help though. :)

Probably a bad hdmi port. Rma it back to the manufacturer. Try a different hdmi cable first though.
I thought this might be the case. The warranty is still valid, so it's all good. Thanks!